Showcase - August 24-26, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

junxiwang

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo peace, Ai Weiwei, a Chinese human right revolution-er who got locked up because he spoke up some truth! And government afraid of that!!! So we gotta shout, in Hiphop way! To bring the message! Peace
---Rare Truth in sound cloud

junxiwang

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
junxiwang - I like the movie samples but I think the drums could bang more, I would really consider stretching the beat out and adding more structure and variation.

Heres mine, on a more mellow tip for me.

Master, your joint is way above... is like a flowing image come out in the brain... so dope with the grooving beat and the atmosphere, awesome piece!
And thanks for some gold advises! Could you please teach me more knowledge about what u r saying?? U saying the drum could be bouncing more, is that mean the drum sound itself or the flow of the drum beat??? and how should I add more structure??? MUCH RESPECT

Viramaina

@junxiwong i luv ur mad style! its sounds dope but how 2good said u shud mor flow on drums.
@2good Nice flow and nice drums! i enjoy it!
@fade cant say anything negative! underground on level
Listen to club banger and enjoy

Master, your joint is way above... is like a flowing image come out in the brain... so dope with the grooving beat and the atmosphere, awesome piece!
And thanks for some gold advises! Could you please teach me more knowledge about what u r saying?? U saying the drum could be bouncing more, is that mean the drum sound itself or the flow of the drum beat??? and how should I add more structure??? MUCH RESPECT
OK here we go.....

I think the drums could be louder in the mix, if you put an eq on the drum track then
1) filter below 45hz(remove frequencies below 45hz using a high pass filter) <- this gives you more room for the boom by removing unwanted frequencies.
2) slowly start to boost at 85hz(adds punch to kick) and also very slightly at around 50hz(adds boom to kick)
Dont boost too much at 50hz if using a heavy bassline it can clash.
3) boost slightly at around 1200hz(adds punch to the snare) be careful in this frequency when the beat has vocals over it, as this is also within the vocal range and you dont want the snare to clash with the vocals.
4) finally boost around 9khz-12khz to add more character and definition to the hi hats(can be used to disguise esses in a vocal) but I would recommend de-essing the vocal(if it ever has one) before tweaking this.

As for structure, I mean to add some variation, and give it an intro, hook, verses and maybe a bridge/breakdown, a dramatic outro maybe. Just give it a song structure instead of it just being a beat.
And thanks for the feedback.

Viramaina. This beat goes really hard, really impressive.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
@junxi nice idea layer them drumz so they don't sound so thin or parallel compression
@ 2good sick bro!! luv the structure too! wooo!!! luv that guitar that comes in or what ever sound that is
@ fade sick work bro some real hiphop there!! i was wondering when them open hihat was coming in
@vira this shit goes hard!!! sick bro just would of took that constant sound in the main-section out maybe once in a while! other than that sick work luv da drop!

heres mine something a lil different for me a lil outside the box but i tried!

DCeeMusik83

Please take a listen to the new track! If u like it, it's available for free download! Thanks for the opp, ILLMUSIK!!

DCeeMusik83

Yo peace, Ai Weiwei, a Chinese human right revolution-er who got locked up because he spoke up some truth! And government afraid of that!!! So we gotta shout, in Hiphop way! To bring the message! Peace
---Rare Truth in sound cloud

I like it, but for those chords and that feel, I would go for a crisper snare. That would bang hard! Even I would write on it.Still like the track, nonetheless.

junxiwang

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
OK here we go.....

I think the drums could be louder in the mix, if you put an eq on the drum track then
1) filter below 45hz(remove frequencies below 45hz using a high pass filter) <- this gives you more room for the boom by removing unwanted frequencies.
2) slowly start to boost at 85hz(adds punch to kick) and also very slightly at around 50hz(adds boom to kick)
Dont boost too much at 50hz if using a heavy bassline it can clash.
3) boost slightly at around 1200hz(adds punch to the snare) be careful in this frequency when the beat has vocals over it, as this is also within the vocal range and you dont want the snare to clash with the vocals.
4) finally boost around 9khz-12khz to add more character and definition to the hi hats(can be used to disguise esses in a vocal) but I would recommend de-essing the vocal(if it ever has one) before tweaking this.

As for structure, I mean to add some variation, and give it an intro, hook, verses and maybe a bridge/breakdown, a dramatic outro maybe. Just give it a song structure instead of it just being a beat.
And thanks for the feedback.

Viramaina. This beat goes really hard, really impressive.

Master... thanks for your knowledge for people who love music. Much respect. Before I try it out, I got one more question: During the recording: Should I mix kick snare hi hat in all individual track or should I just put them all in one track?? And to be honest... I don't really know about hz... so is there any thing I could read on line??? Thanks!!!!!!

Master... thanks for your knowledge for people who love music. Much respect. Before I try it out, I got one more question: During the recording: Should I mix kick snare hi hat in all individual track or should I just put them all in one track?? And to be honest... I don't really know about hz... so is there any thing I could read on line??? Thanks!!!!!!

If you are actually recording the drums with mics, then recording each drum to its own track might be necessary.
But if you are sequencing drums that have already been recorded and cleaned up(samples) then they can just go to one track. That way you can apply a single eq to all the drum sounds, and it makes parallel compression much easier.

As for hz or hertz, they are cycles per second. The more cycles per second, the higher the frequency.
If you look at an eq, it is laid out with the frequencies.

Low bass frequecies within human hearing start at 20hz.
All the way up to the high limit of our hearing at around 20kzh, this gradually falls lower and lower with age.
Everything in between 20hz and 20khz is the frequency range of our hearing, and it is also the playground for a producer.

Booming basses are around 50-60hz.
Kicks are around 80-100hz
Snares are usually around 1200hz
And hi hats are around 8-12khz

Many instruments have broad frequency ranges and can often clash with each other by pushing a particular frequency into the red and clipping, this can be fixed by panning and equing complementarily. Which is choosing which sound you would like to shine through at that point, and equing out the particular frequency in the other instrument/s to allow it to come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online