Showcase - August 14-16, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.

trak team: feeling both beats like the creative use of the that old dancehall sample in the second beat perfect for a rapper to rap over and the first one is ethereal lke that shit

Last edited:
@thetrakteam - i like both of them. second one is definitely one somebody could freestyle over cause it's not too busy sounding. and first one like dude said up there, ethereal.
@MCKwaiChangCane - to me, now this is my opinion; there's too much snare in it. but that's not really my style of beat that i am into, also it's a little bit quiet but good work! keep it up
@mervyn_perving - this supposed to be beats bro. and definitely a diff genre of rap i haven't heard.
here is mine.

thetrakteam

@MCKwaiChangCane I like the drum line. I feel like the repetitive pad chords is a turn off. However, if someone was rapping over it, it might be actually be a good beat. I do not like the hi hats though. They seem too "in you face". That should be the job of the kicks and the snares. Good work overall.

@mervyn_perving As with the above poster said, this is an evaluation of beats. Not sure if you made this beats. This style of beat is different - not my thing - but it's different quality is interesting. It kind of reminds me of The Cool Kids (the rapping parts). The chorus sounds like 60's British rock.

@H1GHBRID_INST. The intro is a bit long and it makes me lose interest in the beat. I really like drum lines. Especially the hi hats and bass drums. One of my reservations is that main melody is a bit repetitive. Variation would be nice. Of course, if someone was spitting over it, then that repetitive quality could be masked and this would be an interesting beat. I like the transitions. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online