Showcase - August 10-16, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheen Sheep

Here's what I've been doing the last couple days

[/QUOTE]

Hey! Glad to hear ur still doing great on the music. I really love that super chill electro-ish vibe (i don't know, I'm no good with genres), but that's really great work. It's awesome to listen to. :D

Sheen Sheep

Hey guys, Im posting my first beat here! Tell me what you think! Love and light always...

@ProductOfTha90s i just posted my first beat on the forum! thanks for listening :)

[/QUOTE]

Hi Took a listen and that techno style you keep with it is actually pretty catchy for the most part. Honestly, I would have gone about it differently, but everyone has their style, and I like this one. Good job ^.^

Sheen Sheep

So here's me experimenting again, making a song you wouldn't normally hear, especially on a forum like this. Tell me what you guys think about it, and don't be afraid to be critical. But, hope you like it :)

amazing!

from my latest tape "goodfellas draft tape: volume 1" feedback welcome (Ca$h Money click, Joey Badass, Snoop Dogg vocals)

You've got a dope vibe going on here, and I think those vocals could work well over the groove but to me the groove gets obscured by the latin conga drums. What I would do is either chop up the congas to only be 3-4 hits in between the kick and snare hits, or just get rid of them altogether and replace it with another sound. That's just me tho. Think you found some dope sounds, and your mix is unique and brings good vibes

Nice beat! Im liking the atmosphere.
Here's what I've been up to lately:

The diversity you have here is impressive, but you straight up own it on "dark side". Totally unique sound but fits perfectly with a lot of stuff going on IMO. Shit is fire!! Did you write that vocal drop or is it a sample?

@ProducedByCapi Funky, groovy, love this !!

Hey guys, Im posting my first beat here! Tell me what you think! Love and light always...

@ProductOfTha90s i just posted my first beat on the forum! thanks for listening :)

First beat for real??? Damn, you hit the ground runnin.
Think you're onto something here, that's a unique use of a 303 filter and a house synth like that in a beat, makes it sound retro in a good way. I'm feelin the groove overall too, the only element sticking out to me was the sparkly higher synth that first happens at :26. I would save that sound for right before you transition into a different section and mute it in the other sections.

So here's me experimenting again, making a song you wouldn't normally hear, especially on a forum like this. Tell me what you guys think about it, and don't be afraid to be critical. But, hope you like it :)

This is dope! Those 808s make me jump outta my chair lol - especially at 1:39

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Caro

@producedbyRiff Well first beat on this site, been doing it for about a year. Wow thanks for the detailed feed back! Yes I see what you mean about the synth, for an element of surprise, a better progression... I really appreciate you taking the time :)

Laid back R&B beat, strings, guitar

Dope R&B joint you got here! There's plenty of room for a vocal but the track still carries itself. Nice work. There are times when the acoustic guitar sounds just a little too midi, but that could actually work well for this once a vocalist is on it, since it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Miss Caro

@The Intangiblez Hey thanks for the feedback! I wanted to put a real guitarist but couldn't find anyone at the time. You're right maybe with a vocalist it might be less noticeable. I might still but real guitar on it...:)

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
You've got a dope vibe going on here, and I think those vocals could work well over the groove but to me the groove gets obscured by the latin conga drums. What I would do is either chop up the congas to only be 3-4 hits in between the kick and snare hits, or just get rid of them altogether and replace it with another sound. That's just me tho. Think you found some dope sounds, and your mix is unique and brings good vibes

The diversity you have here is impressive, but you straight up own it on "dark side". Totally unique sound but fits perfectly with a lot of stuff going on IMO. Shit is fire!! Did you write that vocal drop or is it a sample?

First beat for real??? Damn, you hit the ground runnin.
Think you're onto something here, that's a unique use of a 303 filter and a house synth like that in a beat, makes it sound retro in a good way. I'm feelin the groove overall too, the only element sticking out to me was the sparkly higher synth that first happens at :26. I would save that sound for right before you transition into a different section and mute it in the other sections.

This is dope! Those 808s make me jump outta my chair lol - especially at 1:39

@Dnz The Mnc Dope work.. I have to say, i'm either 90s boom bap, ambient, or atmospheric style hiphop. I am definitely down with the space vibe and you have some really cool sounds. Kinda Kool Keith like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online