Showcase - August 1-7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krass1

Battle Points: 13
Have a listen if u wish
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Krass1

Different style /feel
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Krass1: On Dope Piano Loop @92, I liked how you sampled the piano on your second beat, it sounds like you cut off part of the melodic phrase, which raises the suspense of the track. The chopping of the vocals was also very effective. Like others have said before. Dope.

On Rev Keys panda, that was an interesting choice to sample a song that’s hot right now or at least recently hot. I liked the timbre of the kick the most on the beat

@JCFAX81: I like the eclectic choice of samples but I think it would be even better if all of the samples were tuned to the same key or closely related keys. If you’re going for a more hip hop sound then I would also suggest a drum pattern that fits a more characteristic 4/4 pattern. If not then the drums are fine. All in all, good ideas, I just thought some things could be improved. Keep it up though

@d.fusion: This is really dope. I especially like the guitar sample and the vocal cuts. The section at the end around 1:45 sounds like an Afrika Bambaata reference. Am I right or am I imagining that?

@Klypse: I thought that song was a great choice for the lyrics, especially how you sliced the vocals. Nice bass too

Here is my beat:

Krass1

I'm new to this ,so thanks heaps for having a listen and for feedback guys!!
@JCFAX81 needs a little work keys could be blended a lot smoother
Some do sound out of key abit,idea is good but
@d.fusion dope as ,mixed well track pumps and on the creative side of things u killed it
Lots going on but real smooth ,but most of all its not the same old shit
U have come with your own style which is dope
Really enjoyed listening to this top job!!
@Klypse great boom bap soul chops loving that 90s shit
Beat suits vocals really well ,mixed well ,was also really enjoyable to listen to ,great work!
@Chad nice your piano and synths blend really well
Love the record stop
Maybe a little work on drums and hats
But still nice work,keep it up

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
i appreciate the feedback!

@Klypse very nice beat n sample flip. drums are on point. the nix sounds a little too clean for me but that might be just me. the problem though is the acapella is way off. ruins the beat's flow.

@Chad i guess you are imagining things :) your low ends seem a bit muddy. not necessarily my type of beats but it a has a nice grimey vibe especially the west coast gfunk strings :)

and @JCFAX81 sry but youre beat is way too confusing to give proper feedback :) nice sample but the rest just seems randomly thrown on top.

EvB

Nice beats! D-Fusion; I really liked your "Come N Go" beat, dope sounds!

Here's something I made;

And also a remix;

Last edited:

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@JCFAX81 tbo im not sure. as i said most elements dont really mix together and seem out of place. thats a "feeling for the music" issue which im not sure how to learn...sry if that comes of a little harsh
@EvB banging tracks man, not really anything one can criticize... dope stuff

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
@EvB nice stuff you got there!Drums really bounce and its got that 90s dusty vibe.
@d.fusion loving the instrumental jazz you sampled...reminds me of a lot the type of albums i used to sample quite a bit,that smoother jazz shit...nice man.Also good filter work...alot of people overuse them but u got just the right amount!!

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
@Krass1 another dope sample...really smooth bro.Every beat Ive heard so far on here has a much cleaner sound than I'm use to coming from the lofi hip hop world and I'm loving it!!<3

Status
Not open for further replies.