Showcase - April 25 - May 1, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@tomkillsjerry great build up at the beginning, I like your synths. nice breaks too. The beat is very deep and nuanced, I like it a lot. it stands by itself. nothing bad to say about it. I like the style too

@Marc Duncan
Gold stacks, good idea in general, but the loop makes it repetitive. I believe the variations are nice, but too few and far between. Now you want variations and depths in your drums too, maybe find better synths sound (what synth are you using?)

Wolf Tiger: there's a problem with the mix here, I believe the instruments are too much in front of your drums.

Creativity is good, but now I believe you might want to improve on those couple things:
- Find better, different synth sounds (you could get an alesis ion or nord lead for about $4/500 for example, these are great synths)
- Add variation and depth to your drums, I like percussions, sound effects etc...

My beat this week is a remix. I've been thinking for a while, and I decided to try and find music that I really didn't like, and try to turn it into something I'd buy.

So this is my take on "anaconda" by Nicki Minaj (and you even get to watch the official video ;) )
(apparently it can't be watched on mobile devices)

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@tomkillsjerry I can understand, I'm not mad. trust me, I'm trying to remix justin bieber right now, it takes a little chunk of my soul away each time I hit "play".
I guess it's a challenge, and it puts me waay out of my comfort zone, so I trust it must be a good exercise.

But man, this kid's lyrics are the stupidest words I've ever heard in my life. How people can relate to that is beyond me.

Solo

Battle Points: 2
@tomkillsjerry Love the vibe of "Like Yesterday" That intro is beautiful. Great work overall.
"King Me" is pretty fckin crazy, I was expecting a generic trap beat from that intro. Boy was I wrong. Very well put together, nice vocals samples too
@Marc Duncan Both are really solid beats. I like the energy on Wolf Tiger. But I think the kicks could hit a little harder.
@Hadoq God I hate this song lmao. But the beat is great. That bassline is so smooth & great job on the drum variations. Would love to hear just the instrumental.

For some reason, when I upload this to soundcloud it sounds like sh*t so I went with youtube

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
Some great beats as always! I haven't finished anything in a while so have put a work in progress up with the hope of some feedback!

@tomkillsjerry - Amazing tune. Very professional with a great buildup towards the end.

@Marc Duncan Both tunes have a good feel. Would like to hear them with vocals. loving the sub bass drums! First tune can sound a bit repetitive in places. Maybe drop the drums for a bar or just for a few breaks in the sound.

@tomkillsjerry Second tune is also a banger. What DAW do you use? Im jealous of your mastering skills!

@Hadoq Nice bass. I prefer this to the original!

@Solo Old school feel. Would like to hear a vocal over that. Good work - nice snare sounds too.

@eelxb - Pretty chilled. Mix sounds like it needs some bass and snares are a bit soft. Got potential though!

Here is my tune. I think it has potential but it is a work in progress. Im thinking of getting rid of the middle section (energy drops massively here) but struggling with what direction to go. Any feedback would be helpful as always. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online