Showcase - April 17-23, 2017 - Post your beats here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
hello everybody, sunny spring day here i virginia, im high asf because its 420...looking to check some beats out and get some feedbac on my shit

@Matt-D not sure why but im not seeing anything on your post playa...lke an error message or something
@Marc Duncan im feeling the guitar...s that a sample or s that you playing? smooth vibe the synths are clean asf...nice drums im not sure how but the hook needs more of something to give it that climatic feel...nice change up with the guitar solo...if you can really nal that hook part this will definately be money spending worthy its really smooth for a trap beat nice job
@Klypse nice sample choice ive heard people sample this before but i like the way you did it...drums should drop as soon as the sample starts to flip that was hella long waiting for the drums to come n...nice chop work this is some shit i hear a talib kwali or some other underground cat on...not a big fan of that pause, i think it couldve been done cleaner ... not bad i like this beat
@KDVS whoa...super wierd but im kind of digging it that piano or sitar or whatevr it is in the back saved this beat for me tbh...i like wierd sounding beats as long as the vibe throughout is done nicely and you have done that hear my friend im fucking with all the drop in and outs of the drums...i like this beat alot as a producer listening and imagining what your thought process mustve been like its entertaining to listen to...as an artists this is a little too out there for my taste but i could hear someone tearing this shit up if they were real creative, question though why the wish wash effect through the whole thing? just curious
@Solo ayeee...nice wave work that pad sounds sick buy kinda low...hoping to hear more instruments...nope just the pad which is cool too but i think an arp or sum kind of lead would be sick to this beat...could maybe make a big difference? idk nice job though drums sound dope too
@FFC Beatz not bad its composed solid butt keep at it yo the more beats u make the better youll get
@Johni Cleveland uh oh busting out the video on us...not for nothing this beat sounds dope id rap to it as far as the video i didnt really watch it im istening to it though and its a dope sample flip nice job buddy
@TeeJay Sounds nice sample choice...old school style i like it though the piano is always a favorite of mine to sample...sounds like something a singer could possibly work with...not a big fan of the filter in the change up but overall imlike this beat
@S-Beats sick beat...def reminds me of dilla, way too short i was hoping for a sick hook but it never came ... nice work on the swing drums and that bassline bro
@Drago Zetić the way this beat began i was expectng the drums to be a little different...not that these drums are bad but i wouldve taken this beat a diffent direction for sure that intro seemed to be very hype and the drums are kind of blah...nice sample choice but the choppinh gets loud and clips at times this beat was ok not a big fan though
@Ares skipped
@MassOccurBeats skipped
@Nebjan nice flute work, the drums are cool im waiting for this beat to turn up though...the rolling hats and that snare sound great but maybe change it up every once n a while to go this the flute playing...im thinking maybe a clap would sound better than that snare but idk im thinking the flute smoothness is contradicting the hard knocking drums doesnt really fit in well together...at the end of the day though any rapper coukd probably kill this track so ill just stfu lol
@Bogdan Strauss skipped

heres my beat thanks for listening!

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Drago Zetić Not a bad beat. Like you said just needs to be mixed together to make it come to life.
@Chef M!KE DB I'm loving the horns in this beat and I really love that snare pattern and how you blended it into the beat with it being so much in the forefront of the beat, it really gives the beat that extra something nice work. And I took that beat down cause I wasn't really feeling it after I heard it the next morning lol.
@Johni Cleveland Dope beat man!! and I like the quality of the video I need some tips on that so I can try to put up a decent video lol.
Here's one I just made a few weeks ago

A short Mixtape i made in 24 hours. pulled an all nighter, tired, loopy.
also made a music video for one of the songs aswell.

music video:

please provide feedback. thank you.

@Drago Zetić Not a bad beat. Like you said just needs to be mixed together to make it come to life.
@Chef M!KE DB I'm loving the horns in this beat and I really love that snare pattern and how you blended it into the beat with it being so much in the forefront of the beat, it really gives the beat that extra something nice work. And I took that beat down cause I wasn't really feeling it after I heard it the next morning lol.
@Johni Cleveland Dope beat man!! and I like the quality of the video I need some tips on that so I can try to put up a decent video lol.
Here's one I just made a few weeks ago

good beat man, drums were proper man. poppin strong kick, clean, lo fi feel, good stuff.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Returning feedback because I'm very thankful for what I've received...

@Chef M!KE DB I think you should work on slightly changing the volume of every kick drum hit (the one that "lands" on the first beat of each bar should be louder than the others) - right now it sounds too mechanical and it messes up the otherwise excellent beat. The snare and the fills you occasionally throw sound ridiculously good. Whatever you chopped sounds like something straight out of Daptone Records.

@Matt-D The loop that kicks in at 0:32 starts with a snare sound, but is placed at the same time as the kick and it would probably be hard to EQ it out, but still preserve the rest of the music (You can always try, though). I also think the '80s soul samples should be louder. (EDIT: removed doubt in the sample - a quick Google search unearthed the source.)

Last edited:

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
pick your favorite, pick the worst, or pick em all or pick this one;

Whatever you do tell me what you think about it... thanks in advance.

https://soundcloud.com/superpimptrillionaire
or

now for a little feedback...

@Marc Duncan
Brooklyn Cowboy -Marc Duncan
introspective piece
wants to draw out the hard memories. good writing track.
seems like it wants to end opening for a speaker blowing banger that follows
one thing tho the melody doesnt hint at much resolution It ends as somber as it start
, sometimes it be that way tho but this is def a funeral march not a fan of the synth btw.
overall I liked it, if it was mine I would still work at it but this would def be a good framework

@Klypse
Genesis Flip - Klypse
good bounce
gotta dive in with the I woulda's take it light
I woulda filtered the chops if you wanted to drop the drums in like that
I woulda saved the intro for the bridge , I liked the in sequence vocal sample
and I like the hook feel like this type of beat needs the verse to come back to sell the vibe.
good track If it was mine I would simple it up a lil more and filter some of that bright out of the main sample.
peace

@KDVS
SKydraper -KDVS
funky, play my joints you'll know how I feel about this one.
ill ending, very nofuxtogive
based on your submissionI am looking forward to your reviews of some of my work.

@Solo
d.a.f. -K Tev
not my thing, it's all good everything aint for everybody.
I can say this does not offend. if it came on while I was driving I would not intentionally change it. If it was mine I would reduce the amount of sweeps and throw on more bottom.
but it isn't mine, and I'm sure you have a clearer vision of your style than I do.
overall not bad, just not my thing.
peace

@FFC Beatz stop making beats in class bro, focus up on that education yo! haha
Level Up - Yung Kizo
experimenting with 8bit trap? do it! very interested
in this case the beat seems to be between genres and has no clear home so imo what this wants is to be a sample base for a gritty killer gangster track. I would finish this the way the movement wants to go then chop it down and eat it up with a real sinister drum break behind it. I can already hear the verb lingering on the chops...

@Johni Cleveland
rhythms with JC -Johnnie Cleveland
Good finger work, how many routines do you have now?
have you changed the way you layout your samples since you started drumming this way?
nice break
good work

@TeeJay Sounds
I feel - Teejay Sounds
very 98 track dope, doesnt feel like 3 minutes either, dope.
real good summer love song joint. I like it.

@ whoever I missed, I'll be back...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.