Shock of the new

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lol im high so i almost forgot how i started reading that or why.

but that was a good read, dude is hating on hip hop then "tried to rap"

and the examples of 'juba juba' or whatever is just elementary rapping.. rudimentary.. and he's trying to promote it as real music over hip hop? that guy was crazy as fuck but after all that it was just a regular review of his cd.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey I read it and you know what, everyone has an opinion and they are entitled to it...I mean with the musical background he has of hours of study, hours of seriously writing music, it's hard to even begin to think that he can respect the artistry of hip hop, but we've seen it time and time again...musicians getting things a little confused especially if they do not understand the art or the purpose, all of the things he uses to compare are in a musical context so he cannot understand anything that might be ...hmmmm, unmusical...many cats I know till this day still continue to get this confused(living in the context of hip hop) if things cant be framed in the context of musicality....why cant it still be about the art, the purpose and context of delivery of the hip hop artist and the messages about their own struggles not of a Jazz musician....I like how the interviewer fires back about the feelings that mainstream musicians had about Jazz as a bastard art and sound during its early evolution...anyhow this read will spark convo.,

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
actually i dont really give a damn what he thinks cos imo he aint even talkin about hiphop, he is talkin about crappy urban/pop music,,,
that aint hiphop music, plus hiphop is more than music.

and yeah its a shame everybody relates this kind of music to hiphop, so on this i am with him fuck that wack music.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
Yeah Rigor I sort of thought of that too, I mean I say we sample his shit and send him the links.

lol yeah thats an idea love to hear his response

T

The Bastard

Yeah Rigor I sort of thought of that too, I mean I say we sample his shit and send him the links.

make sure relic puts voice tags on the beats and ask the guy if he wants to make an offer for exclusive rights on the beats

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
make sure relic puts voice tags on the beats and ask the guy if he wants to make an offer for exclusive rights on the beats

LOL, hell yeah!
Yo good article , cant say as I completely disagree with him on parts of it but he is still making those rap is a fad and there is nothing to it, no talent stuff that Ive been hearing Jazz musicians make since the 80's .

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Interesting read, I agree he's bringing up some interesting points, but on the larger scale he's a close minded douchebag. He needs to have a convo with Questlove, he would set him straight. BTW, it's through hip hop music that I became interested in jazz music.

members online