setting a button to launch "create an instrument" inside reason

• beat this! voting starts in...

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yooo, does anybody know if you can set a button on a midi controller to launce the "create an instrument" function in reason?

im trying to set up my controller to completely be routed to everything in reason so i can basically stop using my mouse, i've got most of what i need but cant figure this part out for anything

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Nope.

I always wanted to be able to use my midi device to control browsing for samples, but you cant.

wordd.....you know you can go through the patches though, like i can go up and down through patches with 2 buttons on my keyboard when in the browser.

but thats gay if you cant actually launch the browser with a button.... im a die hard reason user, but they need to implement that.....all that talk "you can throw your hardware out" they need to get on the ball and allow that to fully happen.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
You can browse instruments/samples within certain modules by your controller once you set it to point to sounds in a specific location/folder. You can't launch instruments though. LOL..some of you guys want things too damn easy! Get the donut out of your hand and click the mouse man...it burns calories!

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
You can browse instruments/samples within certain modules by your controller once you set it to point to sounds in a specific location/folder. You can't launch instruments though. LOL..some of you guys want things too damn easy! Get the donut out of your hand and click the mouse man...it burns calories!

I don't even think its a thing of wanting something to easy or laziness...its more of trying to get the most of out of what you have, and making it as convenient as you possibly can....laziness would be "omg i have to touch the mouse i cant make a beat *shuts down reason*".....which isn't even a factor as far as im concerned... i was making beats in reason with a just a mouse when i first got it,...but if you have a keyboard with a billion buttons and knobs, why not want to have it be like your working with full on hardware???

,,, its not like i'm saying "damn i cant type my file names with my midi controller" but launching a device how is that a huge want...tell me that shit wouldn't be tight.... have a button dedicated to each device...or like i stated earlier "create an instrument" because unless its a redrum in my experience im just going through sounds to see whats dope regardless of what device its in.

And i like i said propellarhead is on that "we make hardware obsolete" which is true for me...cause i copped an mp after using reason thinking it would be better for me, and the shit just a big paperweight now...but again why not make shit fully mappable for your users.....allow them to get busy how they want to get busy without touching a mouse if thats what they want.

im a reason head to the death (unless something comes out and is just that much better) but the bottom line is

the shit aint perfect just like any piece of gear...and all im trying to do optomize it to fit MY needs

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5

lol.

is having the option to launch an instrument with your controller considered easyier or convenient?

I dont think it makes it easyier then using your mouse, but it would be alot more convenient if you could do it by a modulation wheel and wheel through the samples like a breeze.

50 cal I would suggest emailing your suggestion to propellarheads and see if they update the next version to do it :)

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
lol.

is having the option to launch an instrument with your controller considered easyier or convenient?

I dont think it makes it easyier then using your mouse, but it would be alot more convenient if you could do it by a modulation wheel and wheel through the samples like a breeze.

50 cal I would suggest emailing your suggestion to propellarheads and see if they update the next version to do it :)

yeah i plan on seeing if we can get it in the next update, 4.0.1 already dropped to fix some bugs, hopefully they'll take note....i'm hoping they do