Serato Scratch Live = whoa!

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I haven't been excited about any new music equipment for a while, but I've recently been reading about "Serato Scratch Live" and it looks like it's the truth!

with this awesome piece of hardware/sofware you can control any songs or audio on your omputer via your turntables!!

http://www.rane.com/scratch.html

not only that, but it also operates very smoothly from what I've heard with easy installation and very few, if any, bugs which compared to "Finalscratch" aka "Finalcrash" is a great thing

I'm hoping to save up and get this around Xmas time, anybody else got this or used it before?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
boabmatic said:
jazzy jeff uses it at all his gigs now.....see these 2 vids of him using it...

http://mfile.akamai.com/8096/wmv/to...eo/dealer_show/wmv_high/JazzyJeff1_Win8Hi.asx

http://mfile.akamai.com/8096/wmv/to...eo/dealer_show/wmv_high/JazzyJeff2_Win8Hi.asx

another vid here too with Kaseem
http://www.seratoscratchlive.com/forums/media/video/kaseem.mov

I bought numarks cdx's which are good but I'm thinking of picking serato and i miss my 1200's.

word. thanks for the links to the vids!

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hell yeah! Serato Scratch is da' shiznit! I was a demonstrator for it when it was first shown at the music messe in Frankurt Germany. The dude that invented it is Aj Bertenshaw from New Zealand. He's a young dude cool as hell. This was long before Final Scratch came out. I demo'd that in Luxembourg and it was wack! I didn't like it at all. The Serato Scratch is a much better application then that crap.
ONE

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Hell yeah! Serato Scratch is da' shiznit! I was a demonstrator for it when it was first shown at the music messe in Frankurt Germany. The dude that invented it is Aj Bertenshaw from New Zealand. He's a young dude cool as hell. This was long before Final Scratch came out. I demo'd that in Luxembourg and it was wack! I didn't like it at all. The Serato Scratch is a much better application then that crap.
ONE

word up!

if my man from New Zealand invented it, why is it so expensive here in Australia and New Zealand? haha :p

do u use Sratch Live yourself mate?

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
N.U.G. said:
word up!

if my man from New Zealand invented it, why is it so expensive here in Australia and New Zealand? haha :p

do u use Sratch Live yourself mate?

Naw, I don't have Scratch Live; I have the original studio version that works with protools.
The reason that Scratch Live costs so much is because he teamed up with Rane. Rane manufactures it now. They added some ish & pumped up the price.
ONE

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Naw, I don't have Scratch Live; I have the original studio version that works with protools.
The reason that Scratch Live costs so much is because he teamed up with Rane. Rane manufactures it now. They added some ish & pumped up the price.
ONE

word, I saw that Pro Tools plug in version. I've got Pro Tools so I considered getting it but I figure I may as well get Scratch Live and just wait till I can get a good price

you got any examples of scratching you've done with the Scratch Studio Edition that I can check out bro? To tell you teh truth, I'm more excited about these products for it's music production purposes (i.e. scratching ANYTHING into a song) than it's mixing capablities...

holla! :)

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Serato's the best... it's been around for a while now. I use it for my Dj'n gigs also. It's less hassle becuz I get gigs every week and to all the dj's out there who feels me, it's a pain in the ass carryin crates of records everytime. Now, I just carry my laptop, serato records, a few backup records and I'm set. You can download the serato scrach live software for free at www.scratchlive.net If you want to buy the interface, it will cost around $500. It's worth it if you have a lot of gigs.... and also, its great piece to have for the studio too

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I definitely want to get it at some point, definitely an excellent tool to have around the house. Scratch anything, immediately. Doubles of anything, immediately. Only drawback, the coded records make a high pitched sound, if you're listening to music quietly or have the volume turned down, it gets kind of annoying after a while
For the club, cool to have all those bangers at your disposal, and not carry around crates (been doing that for fifteen years). drawback is that you're staring at a computer for four hours which is kind of a drag. after working on a computer all day, I like to just play records, don't want to stare at a laptop. the other thing I hear is that the sound on the vinyl is better than the Serato in the club. Not sure.
One things for sure, 90% of the big time DJs in NY are going Serato. In the last year I've seen Jazzy Jeff, Ali Shaheed and Jazzy Jay all playing vinyl. The one cat who won't go there is Lord Finesse, he's sticking with the vinyl (I guess when your crew is named DITC you don't want to go pointing and clicking for beats during a set)....

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Only drawback, the coded records make a high pitched sound, if you're listening to music quietly or have the volume turned down, it gets kind of annoying after a while

There's also an option where you can just play the song directly from the software without having to use the vinyl.

And who listens to music quietly anyways? LOL not me!

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
LOL...We got neighbors here in NYC, everyone living on top of each other, tough to play shit super loud. When i was living out in the midwest I had a PA system in my bedroom, big ass 18" woofers. Neighbors here wouldnt' be too cool on that....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I want this thing, you mean those vinyl things cost around $500?
And you can just download it for free?

The hardware is around 500 i think, and u can just download the program and look at it for free till u get the hardware i suppose, i think.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The hardware is around 500 i think, and u can just download the program and look at it for free till u get the hardware i suppose, i think.

HAHA that would be fun!
Eyes goin bloodshot starin at a screen you cant use or hear!!
LOL
Iono that might be too much torture for me..BUT I could familiarize myself with the software while praying for $500..