scsi question

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yo i want to hook a hard drive up to the scsi port on my mpc2xl is there a certain kind of hard drive i need or will any work?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
SCSI is a standard, it allows you to daisy chain up to like 7 devices....the last device on the bus needs to be terminated, the normal device that I have used or I see most use is a SCSI zip drive, they are harder and harder to find, the last two I purchased on ebay, the other option is a scsi hard drive which you can have access to more space.......but once you add one of them you will be happy you don't have to load floppy's anymore...

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
SCSI is a standard, it allows you to daisy chain up to like 7 devices....the last device on the bus needs to be terminated, the normal device that I have used or I see most use is a SCSI zip drive, they are harder and harder to find, the last two I purchased on ebay, the other option is a scsi hard drive which you can have access to more space.......but once you add one of them you will be happy you don't have to load floppy's anymore...
so if i only have one device it needs to be terminated right?

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Word! I got a 1gb jaz drive hooked up to mine and it works fine. Loads and saves fast as hell and holds mad info. It was also cheap as hell on ebay. The disks can be partitioned also.
ONE

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Exactly it has to terminated and that would be with a jumper if you got a HD or just move the switch on the Zip Drive.
what is a jumper? does it come with the hard drive?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
If you have a HD, a lot have a small diagram either on the bottom or side that show you a bank of pairs of pins......usually there is a spare jumper in the neutral or unshorted position........a jumper basically shorts or completes the circuit and enables that pair.......

members online