Scratching of vocals in the chorus?(software question)

DEMA

Hey there! At the time I'm into producing a new song, Beat and Vocals are done already. I've got the idea to scratch some parts of my vocals for the chorus, similar to "Got it all" from Brown Bag Allstars.
For scratching and DJing I own a Reloop Beatmix 2, a digital DJ-controller with jogwheels. My question is now if you got any suggestions how to record/do these scratches. There comes only one possibility in my mind: Using the DJ software "Serato DJ" and record them right into the track. However, this seems not ideally for me, as I would prefer a segregated scratching track for editing later on. Did some of you maybe get experience with such things? Looking forward for answers:)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It depends on your setup. For example, I use Traktor to scratch and record the output of my DJ mixer into my DAW (Cakewalk Sonar). But if you want to use just software for scratching, you can still record this way except you would have to change the settings in your soundcard to record into your DAW.

What DAW are you using? What's your computer setup?

DEMA

It depends on your setup. For example, I use Traktor to scratch and record the output of my DJ mixer into my DAW (Cakewalk Sonar). But if you want to use just software for scratching, you can still record this way except you would have to change the settings in your soundcard to record into your DAW.

What DAW are you using? What's your computer setup?
At the time I'm using Fl Studio 12, Audition and Serato DJ.

DEMA

What's your soundcard? Because that's where the input/output needs to be changed.
Unfortunately I use my onboard soundcard from my mainboard. I dont know whether this piece of information helps, but for my vocal recording I use my Rode Nt-1A and for the connection to my pc I have an Xenyx mixer.

Last edited:

members online