Scratch Magazine is no more!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
they got away from there orginal goal, they tried to be to much like XXL or the source and so the orginal readers(like myself) bounced... And they were left trying to impress teenagers.. they should have stuck to the script....

tHATS WHAT YOU GET FOR BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU
I wish actual hip hop music worked like that...

REMIX is a way better mag anyways

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
It was good at first then turned into another Xxl or Source and thats when I and I think
ALOT of people stopped bothering with it ... I didn't learn much from it however unlike w/other
magazines such as Remix, EQ, Sound on Sound and etc ... With the other magazines you
learn things and get deeper insight more than anything scratch has ever placed in it's articles
in my opinion ... It was a case of good gone sell out/flashy

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I think it's market forces at work, they didn't have a large enough demographic to sell to.
Even though it was kind of light, it still had some interesting articles, I wish it could have stuck around a bit longer.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
They had no choice but to change the format when cats wasnt buying it when it was just about Djing and Producing..so dont blame the editors at Scratch...blame broke mo fos.....Unfortunatly the selling out didnt work for them either...I will miss it...but Remix is a better mag

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
They had no choice but to change the format when cats wasnt buying it when it was just about Djing and Producing..so dont blame the editors at Scratch...blame broke mo fos.....Unfortunatly the selling out didnt work for them either...I will miss it...but Remix is a better mag

Its like trying to get people to buy shit off this site!! Ooomff..:swoon:

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn... i wanted to get my ass up in there... cant take nothin for granted... as soon as u get an oppurtunity, take it and run with it... hopefully, another company (Source maybe) is salivatin at the chance to do it, and do it better... Remix might be a better mag, but i felt like this was MY mag, all Hip Hop, all the time.

da relic

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
damn... i wanted to get my ass up in there... cant take nothin for granted... as soon as u get an oppurtunity, take it and run with it... hopefully, another company (Source maybe) is salivatin at the chance to do it, and do it better... Remix might be a better mag, but i felt like this was MY mag, all Hip Hop, all the time.

da relic

hell no Source went down hill but i wanna get this Remix mag people r talkin about

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
daadadadaaaayuuuum, tho I saw it comin after seeing rappers on the cover more and more. just like Relic said it started out on the right path than went astray.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
hell no Source went down hill but i wanna get this Remix mag people r talkin about
not ez to find unless u go to Manhattan... i know its out there... the shops that sell all the Euro mags definately have it. Sam Ash and Guitar Center also sell it.

da relic

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
the problem is the demographic was very small to start with add to that the fact that the 'hip hop producer' set aren't the most reliable bunch ! most of them won't even part with their own money to get equipment on the lastest cd they would rather crack it off the net and its unlikely that you're going to sell many copies !

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
the problem is the demographic was very small to start with add to that the fact that the 'hip hop producer' set aren't the most reliable bunch ! most of them won't even part with their own money to get equipment on the lastest cd they would rather crack it off the net and its unlikely that you're going to sell many copies !

haha so true!
But think WE oughta get PAID big time!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
that sux i was a BIG fan but i did slow down after it became like a XXL mixtape mag. that kinda sucked none the less it was a dope, mag BUT check this out i was thinking of creating an online mag featuring producers and sneakers i got the dot com now imm a have some one do the site i plan on doing montly producer articals n show cases hope fully i can get some names to get involeved imma keep yall updated

www.kixandsnares.com comming soon

members online