say what you want, but Rick Ross can choose a beat!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im not from Florida, but what about uncle Luke and its all about the U!!!! Does he still get his respect down there even thou he isnt doing anything, or is he?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Ross is NICE...I personally hear ABSOLUTELY NO similarities to what he does and Pac. Find a song of Pac's and Ross, sit 'em side by side and post them up. Gangsta rap is gangsta rap....many did it before Pac, NWA, Snoop and anybody else you can name. Ross has managed to combine gangsta rap and dirty south trap music. He's owning that shit right now and his production is steller. And I agree with whom ever said he can ride a beat. He rides them joints like a fresh broken in Stallion.

He has good riding/slash listening joints. Not many go hard in the club though. I very seldom play any of his joints but I do like most of them.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Im not from Florida, but what about uncle Luke and its all about the U!!!! Does he still get his respect down there even thou he isnt doing anything, or is he?

Luke? of course he is the god father of Florida. Being from Tampa i came up on DJ magic mike(orlando) and jam poney DJ's(tampa) as well . As far as the U? HELL NO! im a FSU Alumni! The U can burn in hell along with Tebow and the GAYTORS

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Luke? of course he is the god father of Florida. Being from Tampa i came up on DJ magic mike(orlando) and jam poney DJ's(tampa) as well . As far as the U? HELL NO! im a FSU Alumni! The U can burn in hell along with Tebow and the GAYTORS

Funny you mention Magic Mike....we're working with him on our upcoming album....apparently my artist is very good friends with him....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Ross could flow, no doubt. I would love to produce a track for him and be ,like, "Yo son, lets do a song about a homeless lady who used to be a model or sum shit." I wanna hear some original shit. A lot of cats think I be hatin on these commercial cats, but not the ones who I know have a natural ability, smell me?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ross could flow, no doubt. I would love to produce a track for him and be ,like, "Yo son, lets do a song about a homeless lady who used to be a model or sum shit." I wanna hear some original shit. A lot of cats think I be hatin on these commercial cats, but not the ones who I know have a natural ability, smell me?

Agreed..

But a lot of these artists are very good at what they do, but to stay relevant they have to do the old fashioned dumbing it down routine to actually make bread....It's a shitty game....don't hate the player...hate the game..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Agreed..

But a lot of these artists are very good at what they do, but to stay relevant they have to do the old fashioned dumbing it down routine to actually make bread....It's a shitty game....don't hate the player...hate the game..

Dont hate the game, hate the spectators that wont support it.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Gotta ID? I gotta hear this for myself.
in the interview, The Olympicks do say "Well This Particular Track Started At “Knoxville” Of The Olympicks Studio….We Knew What Type Of Feel Ross Was Going For, For His Album From Him Going into Great Detail When We Was In His Atlanta Studio About a couple Weeks b4 We Created The Track…Knoxville Found The Sample, Put The Chops In It then Sent it over to “Flawless Of The Olympicks & He Added Some Of The Instrumentation in the track As Far As The Strings & Bells Ect Then After That he Sent it over to “Jay Fab” Of The Olympicks & He Proceeded With More Instrumentation like The Brass And Adding The First Parts Of The Percussion for the track Then It Was Sent Over To “Pc Of The Olympicks And He Tweaked/Perfected The Drums And Finished The Percussion For The Track……Then Finally It Was Sent To “Bp” Of The Olympicks And He Put The Final Mix On The Entire Track As Well As The Last Minute Tweaks Of Track and Thats How The Olympicks Created Mafia Music 2."

sounds like a beat for Jay Z... its hot tho... but damn... i didnt know Chrisette was so fuckin thick! yummy!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
in the interview, The Olympicks do say "Well This Particular Track Started At “Knoxville” Of The Olympicks Studio….We Knew What Type Of Feel Ross Was Going For, For His Album From Him Going into Great Detail When We Was In His Atlanta Studio About a couple Weeks b4 We Created The Track…Knoxville Found The Sample, Put The Chops In It then Sent it over to “Flawless Of The Olympicks & He Added Some Of The Instrumentation in the track As Far As The Strings & Bells Ect Then After That he Sent it over to “Jay Fab” Of The Olympicks & He Proceeded With More Instrumentation like The Brass And Adding The First Parts Of The Percussion for the track Then It Was Sent Over To “Pc Of The Olympicks And He Tweaked/Perfected The Drums And Finished The Percussion For The Track……Then Finally It Was Sent To “Bp” Of The Olympicks And He Put The Final Mix On The Entire Track As Well As The Last Minute Tweaks Of Track and Thats How The Olympicks Created Mafia Music 2."

sounds like a beat for Jay Z... its hot tho... but damn... i didnt know Chrisette was so fuckin thick! yummy!

Yea I read that but it doesnt say the name of the sample...?? did I wake up too early and just not understand it?? LOL

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
word, all C.O. allegations BS aside, ross had one of the best albums last year

lol and i'm not hearing any pac at all

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

that kinda shit dont make no sense thats a nas and talib collab....let dude have his box, buddy worked hard to build it this rap shit aint easy, especially in So. Fla... There's all types of angles an obsticals you couldn't even begin to imagine...It aint even like his pop joints are super corny bullshit...Its all street music.