Ahh shit... here we go again...

1655984883385.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ahh shit... here we go again...

View attachment 6475
Yeah I've seen that one before. It makes me think of way back when I was getting into DJ'ing and making beats. At the time there wasn't a place I could just go to learn it instantly like Youtube. I didn't even know anyone else that made beats or DJ'd, which is interesting because that's the complete opposite today.

It's great that everyone can learn so easily today but it also gives everyone the chance to try and be a rapper, DJ, beatmaker, etc. So in that sense, the quality diminishes.

Think about someone like Rakim or Kane and how they honed their craft. It took years and only a select few had the chance to get on a stage and perform. Most people were just happy being music fans, whereas today they want to be on stage. It's both odd and interesting.

The music today is vastly different and a shell of its former self so rappers don't have to be as good as someone like Rakim or Kane.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
People @Fade can choose to be as good as the past greats but the main thing Rakim and Kane had was community as music is inherently communal.

People consciously choose mediocrity because it is financially rewarded and culturally applauded.

I’m happy and psyched to be learning in today’s era and I wouldn’t trade it for anything (except to be able to make the money a select few made back when people bought records).

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I am this guy. I love Hip-Hop and i want to make shit happen on my own, just for the feeling of it, holding a mic, flowing on beats and from time to time sharing the shit i did.

And i feel everyone interested in it should just give it a go.

All this talk about unity/community and then ya ll still seperate yourselves into imaginary "VIP Clubs".

While its true that the overall quality might decline if bedroom producers keep doin their shit, but i think the fact that more ideas and concepts are floating around in the realm of music is way more worth than a few top artists deciding what everyone else is listening to.