Sanova Beat Making Video #1

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
This is My First Beat Making Tutorial. So Bare with me 'm a little nervous on it.

It is a video of me remaking the beat of:
TI - what you know

on Reason 3.0

This was done by request. and I will be taking more requests.

Tell me what you think. it was a hassle recordin from my speakers to my mic. but i think it turned out well. Thanks.

duration: 23 minutes.

http://sanovamusic.com/videos/whatyouknowboutthat/whatyouknowboutthat.html

edit: before anyone else comments on how to record audio from the aux input. It cant be done on my current set up. thats why i do it this why.

I have included the Project file, by request (You need the sonic refills - synth 1/2):
http://sanovamusic.com/videos/whatyouknowboutthat/whatyouknow.zip

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Eh its ok. yea there is a way you can actually record the signal internal rather than using the mic. This way the quality would come off better. You did sound a lil nervous.

everyone wants to do vids these days

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
Good vid. What I want to know is how'd you find out almost the exact notes to each instrument? You just listen to it too many times lol?

Same thing i was wonderin. Thats a good vid and i love the original beat it was produced by DJ Toomp.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
Eh its ok. yea there is a way you can actually record the signal internal rather than using the mic. This way the quality would come off better. You did sound a lil nervous.

everyone wants to do vids these days

did i not say it was a request. and if you paid any attention at all you would know that I KNOW THERE IS a way to record like that but it isnt supported by my audio interface OR stock soundcard. I've been trying for 2 days.

to everyone else. good look. and i'll start hookin it up on that choppin in the nnxt video.

And as far as figuring out the notes, it just took like ten minutes to find the root notes and that was it. As soon as i found out the root notes of the scales it was pretty simple. the hard part was remembering it all.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
no, she was talkin while i was playin the strings, haha i wasnt listnenin. i just said "yea. ok" i had to finish recordin the strings afterwards, cuz i stopped early cuz she was talkin... i played that off as saying "i wanna play it again to get a feel for it"

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
did i not say it was a request. and if you paid any attention at all you would know that I KNOW THERE IS a way to record like that but it isnt supported by my audio interface OR stock soundcard. I've been trying for 2 days.

to everyone else. good look. and i'll start hookin it up on that choppin in the nnxt video.

And as far as figuring out the notes, it just took like ten minutes to find the root notes and that was it. As soon as i found out the root notes of the scales it was pretty simple. the hard part was remembering it all.

Yea i know you said it was a request i wasn't commenting on the beat im talkin about the vid in general when i said it was ok. I didn't catch the part about your interface not being able to do the task lol dont get all fussy with me over a post please

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
my bad i aint trippin, im just mad about somethin completely unrelated.

but yea that was in another post i said that. i figured im sanova, everyone reads ALL of my posts. no matter what. cuz. . . i'm sanova.

but foreal tho, how long did this shit take for you guys to load? i mean.. I uploaded the shit and its taking forever.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
ok i think know why. i can change that in the config file. i have it waiting till a certian amount is loading. If not i'll just re upload while normal poeple should be sleepin

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
aight i just looked in the XML file and it starts playing when the movies loaded at 50% already.. if im readin the code corectly. so imma change that to ... 3 percent.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Emeezy said:
hah it sounded like you burped into the mic when you were goin over the treble of the brass, that shit made me laugh, dude you need to make more vids, your shit was fun as hell to watch

hahahha i did burp lfmao