Sampling

S

sparks

I need 2 know what is a good program 2 chop samples. plus how do u chop up the sample. does have to b in a specific place or length?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
sparks said:
I need 2 know what is a good program 2 chop samples. plus how do u chop up the sample. does have to b in a specific place or length?

i think the easiest and best way to chop up samples on the PC is cool edit try and get the pro V2 version !
Basically it doesnt matter how you chop it up, wot length it is as long as when it plays its playing/chopping/and looping in time ! id avise getting sumthing easy loaded up to start with them chop every four beats then try every eight beats and as you get better you cna get more complex etc !

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Since nobody mentioned it yet - U should def peep "Audacity" - i still use this prgm to chop all my samples and its simple, effective and free most of all. I have plenty of the high grade wave editers and sequencers, but i dont need that shit when all im doin is choppin my samples so this prgm is perfect, plus i like how fast it loads.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

STEEZ

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Real cheap and easy. Goldwave. Highlight the selection you want and go to file>save selection as.
But the trick is sampling the right way. I've found that starting on a kick is the best. Starting with the part you like find the first kick and loop lets say one, two or four bars. then just do that several times in order or throughout the piece you're working with. Then take your samples cut,chop,rearrange, or what ever your heart desires into a new creation.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo mark-n does recycle work with the asr-10 like it works for the mpc, it just maps my samples out across the boards or do i have to do it manuely

M

MIKELABZ

ShortFuze said:
Real cheap and easy. Goldwave. Highlight the selection you want and go to file>save selection as.
But the trick is sampling the right way. I've found that starting on a kick is the best. Starting with the part you like find the first kick and loop lets say one, two or four bars. then just do that several times in order or throughout the piece you're working with. Then take your samples cut,chop,rearrange, or what ever your heart desires into a new creation.

GOLD WAVE IS ONE OF THE MOST SLEPT ON SAMPLERS.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
x-squizet said:
yo mark-n does recycle work with the asr-10 like it works for the mpc, it just maps my samples out across the boards or do i have to do it manuely

im not sure i don't think so the the thing for the MPC is like an extra program that someone has written that allows you to program all the cuts to different pads, i thought it woz just re-cycle that you could use but ive downloaded one know where you can just use any program and then put the samples out over all the pads which is good coz it means i can stay using cool edit !

C

Carpe Diem

Im on SoundForge... try get SF7, its real nice, and well easy to use...

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
Since nobody mentioned it yet - U should def peep "Audacity" - i still use this prgm to chop all my samples and its simple, effective and free most of all. I have plenty of the high grade wave editers and sequencers, but i dont need that shit when all im doin is choppin my samples so this prgm is perfect, plus i like how fast it loads.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

STEEZ

thats a good one + it works with linux also if ya wanna show the finger to microsoft

cool edit and i use the flstudio Slicer to chop my samples whrn i feel lazy

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
for beatz, recycle and fl slicer are top and accurate as fug, for anything else any wav editor works, personaly, soundforge cuts the nicest without snapping to sample grid ( in full zoom ).

members online