Sampling Vocals in Fruity Loops 4

V

Viciouz

Hey guys,I'm having trouble sampling vocals in FL4 and I don't know where to start.I don't know If I should use the fruity slicer cus that thing is too hard or if I should just use the beat sequencer.Im confused.I know how to chop the sample up correctly to the part I want it,I just don't how to make that sample sound like a kanye or heatmakerz thing.Can you guys please HELP.

C

Carpe Diem

i aint using fl, but have previously...right, first of all, get yaself a wave editor, sound forge, cool edit etc...find the vox sample that ya need, and cut it to the length ya wan etc...save it as a sample and open it on fl aight...next thing, play it using the sequencer, or my choice, using the piano roll, there you can select how much of the sample ya wanna play...

V

Viciouz

Thx

Carpe Diem said:
i aint using fl, but have previously...right, first of all, get yaself a wave editor, sound forge, cool edit etc...find the vox sample that ya need, and cut it to the length ya wan etc...save it as a sample and open it on fl aight...next thing, play it using the sequencer, or my choice, using the piano roll, there you can select how much of the sample ya wanna play...
Good Lookin Man

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
or forget any of the above and get FL5 do everything in there since it has all beneficial to production...

just load the vox on a channel and hit ctrl+e to open up the wav editor for the sample on that channel. after you save it, it is automaticly updated in the current song so there's no re-loading.

Retro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Viciouz said:
Hey guys,I'm having trouble sampling vocals in FL4 and I don't know where to start.I don't know If I should use the fruity slicer cus that thing is too hard or if I should just use the beat sequencer.Im confused.I know how to chop the sample up correctly to the part I want it,I just don't how to make that sample sound like a kanye or heatmakerz thing.Can you guys please HELP.
I think what u wana do is make ur vocals sound higher pitched. FL has a pitch dial in the channel settings which you can raise or lower the pitch and most audio editors have pitch shifting functions. the only problem with the pitch dial in FL is it doesnt preserve the original length of the sample so if u raise the pitch it also raises the tempo of the sample. the FL 5 Fruity Slicer has a pitch shift which does a pretty good job and can preserve the original length. Its easier pitch shifting really slow vocals because when u speed it up to a hiphop tempo it sounds really high pitched. hope that helps.

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dog you definately gotta get you a wave editor cause the ones in FL aint hittin on nothing. May I recommend Adobe Audition(Cool Edit Pro)

K

Krazie-8

lol i do all mine in fl studio, but they sound NOTHING like kanye's beats. They sound more like somthing diplomats would rap to. But yea get cool edit or sound forge to chop, then export them to fl as a wav file.

members online