Sampling via downloading old tracks.

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I dont look down on people who sample from non-vinyl sources...... but i do thinks its bull shit that i read, research, and put in hella work to get a hold of something and there are people just downloading it. i am not saying fuck them, but, fuck them....

Reguardless times change, e-bay drives up the price of rare records, websitse like the-breaks are around, books get written and that stuff...

Digging is like my favorite thing to do, so i do it, but things are so different now its no use to get all eliteist about it and shit. People are going to dig less and less as it is.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Carpe Diem said:
the-breaks is an amazing web site, suggest all you guys who aint used it get on it, sign up and visit the forum!!!

I think nows the time to ask Fade nicely....

Please can we have a digging forum?!? U got my PM with all my points, im sure everyone will want it, and loads more peep will come register...Please... If u want one, lets petition!!! List ya names below!!!

Carpe

yeah i second that lol.

sAfE.

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Carpe Diem said:
I go to the local library and dig thru the masses of cds they got...

Wanna start proper diggin tho!!!

Aww man come on dont be telling everybody about that. I thought this was my secret cause the majority of people avoid anything dealing with reading or books like vampires avoid sunlight.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
C'mon now sampling is sampling. who cares where you get ur shyt from. If you use mps's, vinyl, tapes, or record ur ass fartin. If you can turn your find into fiya it don't matter.

C

Carpe Diem

ron herman said:
Aww man come on dont be telling everybody about that. I thought this was my secret cause the majority of people avoid anything dealing with reading or books like vampires avoid sunlight.

LOL!!! Soz man!!! But bear in mind, everybody @ IllMuzik helps eachother!!!

Peace

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Here's my secret...XM Radio. There's a 40s, 50, 60s, 70, and 80s station, and a couple of oldies stations. songs come on with song title and artist. Write it down and go find it.

X

ill o.g.
My dad has literally thousands of vinyl, any type of music you can think of. I can't wait to take advantage of that, just have to learn how to actually make a beat first. lol

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Personaly I use wav. files, mostly because I use Fruity Loops and that all it will take ( If there is a way to use another format someone please tell me cause it's so hard to find a good wav. sample of ANY song much less a small piano sample) Wav. files sound really crapy...and thats what I like cause it's sounds like its extremely vintage and I dont have to do hours of tweaking it on the EQ much, unless I feel I have to.

(does anybody know a good site to download wav. files of songs, voices, speeches, TV shows, etc. PLEASE!!! TELL ME)

---------------------------------------------------------
L-LaMENT- "Monotony Gets An Artist Nowhere"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/llament.htm

members online