samplin and timestretching.. BMP's..

MaXiMiLLioN

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
aight its like this, from these forums peeps say "Most" hip hop beats are anywhere from 80bpm to 95BPM"s... remember i sed MOST...

what i'm doing is sampling....usin an mpc1k... i loop the sample to 4 bars.. in my mpc i set my temp to 90.. problem is the sample then is EITHER to short or to long when previously it had looped PERFECT at 4 bars... after experimentation i realized i had to set the tempo to the samples BPM, ex, my sample is at 4 bars so for it to loop perfect i have to change tempo to bout 131 in my mpc..

I mean am i doing this right or what? cuz now it seems like my beats are all past the 125bpm mark, seems kinda too fast for hip hop heads...

i mean it gotta be a way to do this aka time stretching.. right? i have access to my neighbors computer that got acid 2.0 and soundforge 4.5... didn't mess wit acid but tried the time compress on soundforge but then the sample came out way to slow....

1. how do YOU find out the tempo of a sample and how many bars it is?

2. how do i get a 141BPM or 60BPM sample to work at 90bpm tempo setting W/O changin the way it sounds...

3. ex.. in my mpc i got the tempo at 90bpm i put down drums and snares for 4 bars... how do i get my sample to fit in there perfect and work wit my drums? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

let the knowledge pour forth or point me in the right direction...

be eazy

oNe

lowlow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you get the bpm of the sample using recyle, then change the temple of your mpc to match the tempo of the sample.

MaXiMiLLioN

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
lowlow said:
you get the bpm of the sample using recyle, then change the temple of your mpc to match the tempo of the sample.
aight well wud if you ain't got access to recycle and furthemore homie.. what if i aint' really got access to a computer..

is it a way to calculate that ish or not?

or is basics wahtever the sample tempo is.. i gotta make the beat at that tempo? is that how its done?

be eazy

peace

oNe

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
well to find the bpm.. u would need a computer or sum type of metronome device

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Man, tap your tempo. Most sequencer got that option, that you tap a 4/4 beat and it calculate the tempo. So play your sample and tap in beat, then you'll get the tempo of the sample.

If you want it to be faster, pitch it, timestretch whatever.

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
word, just tap your finger to the beat. Snares in rap music end on the 2 and 4.

To timestretch in SoundForge, you usually have to know the BPM of the sample first, then Timestretch it to whatever speed you want.

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can't you tempo tap on the MPC? Don't have an MPC but I'm pretty sure I saw Kurtis doing that in his video.

And yeah - the way to lengthen the sample without changing the pitch is timestretch. Again, don't know if you can timestretch in the MPC but if you get access to Soundforge it can be done easily.

Cheers
Daymo

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
If you got FLStudio, you right click the BPM numbers, and choose 'Tap'

members online

No members online now.