sample CDs

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey, alright, so i got some questions...
i'm a big sampler, but i've been getting into making some composed beats and composing over samples. i was wondering what you guys think about sample CDs? you guys know any real legit places that sell high quality sample CDs ( and im not talkin about 100 bucks for a CD). I'm definetly not looking for CDs full of loops, that shits homo, i just would like to get some nice strings or guitars or something like that you know? anyone have any suggestions\experiences?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i have so many samplecds that i never use. fuck em, its easier to make ur own shit than to sift thru a bunch of loops, stabs, breaks, and shti that fit u. i have shit from big fish audio, AKAI, modernbeats, gotchanoddin, and other places that i cant name off top. dont waste money on it.

I downloaded these things for free and it still feels like a waste of money

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Soundsonline.com
Bigfishaudio.com

Anything that you can turn into a profit isn't a waste money imo. I've bought cd's from bigfish and made cd's for Bigfish. $99.00 Organs and Rhodes Disc from Soundsonline.com can be made back even if your selling tracks for alow $20.00 each.

its always better to make your own Sound list/kits or bundles whatever you wanna call them. because only you know exactly what your lookin for.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Nnxt said:
Soundsonline.com
Bigfishaudio.com

Anything that you can turn into a profit isn't a waste money imo. I've bought cd's from bigfish and made cd's for Bigfish. $99.00 Organs and Rhodes Disc from Soundsonline.com can be made back even if your selling tracks for alow $20.00 each.

its always better to make your own Sound list/kits or bundles whatever you wanna call them. because only you know exactly what your lookin for.

i have too when i first started out, but it almost feel like cheating in my opinion!
no creative process involved

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
i have too when i first started out, but it almost feel like cheating in my opinion!
no creative process involved

well its just like any other sounds your gonna get. If your going to places lookin for loops cool Most people look for just 1shots not much diff than getting a 1 shot or loop sample from a cd,record, live musician or whatever 1 shot is a 1 shot.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
yeah if i were gonna use it i would want to chop it up and make somethign totally different, but i get more satisfaction from creating my own mellody be through composition or chopping samples

And when you compose a melody your using what? 1 shot samples right? unless your straight up playing live instruments.

Chopping samples- are those not samples aswell heh

see where im going

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sample CD's are cool if you're looking for something quick. They usually contain all you need, but imo I don't like them that much. Most of them have loops, but then some also have those loops chopped so you can do what you want with them.

The main thing I don't like about sample cd's is that so many other people are using those particular samples! I'd rather just get my samples from other sources, such as vinyl, I feel more comfortable that way.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the info, i have lately been cutting up clean 1 shot samples from vinyl and finding what keys they are etc, its fun cus i build up a library then get to mess around with samples from different songs, makin sure they in key, and then compose over em too. i was just wondering if i could get some nice sounds off sample CD's to compliment that. thnks for all the info guys

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
we do what you mentioned:
"i was just wondering if i could get some nice sounds off sample CD's to compliment that."

occasionally from soundsonline there are one or two good actual sounds you can find in certian kits. I have gotten a few nice bass sounds from some of the jazzy/soulful kits and loaded into a keyboard or sampler and chop up but for the most part i think the sounds are too thin and the drums dont seem to bang right. I think records are the way to go.

members online