Rossum SP-1200

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Check this out:

3500SQUARE01_1024x1024.png

At first I thought $4,000 is a lot (and it is), but compared to buying a used one for $7-10K, this is a much better value. Plus it's not used, it's completely re-done and new.

And this is the part I was looking to find out about:

One of the unobtainable parts featured in the original SP-1200 is the SSM2044 analog filter, a classic integrated circuit also designed by Dave Rossum in the early 80s based on classic improved ladder filter topology. In partnership with Sound Semiconductor, Inc, Dave has designed the SSI2144 IC which reprises the same analog circuit using contemporary IC processing and packaging, preserving its unique character.

So it's a very interesting remake from the original designer, but of course this is for collectors with cash pretty much! But compared to a used SP1200 for double the price, I'd go for this.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
For real i lost my sympathy for this shit tbh. Always wanted to lay my hands on one of those but MFers acting like you ask them to sell their children.
Its outdated technology, most of those MFers wont use em and let them sit there to collect dust like pokemon cards..

Now those fkers come up with their greedy cash grab. If i had that money id just get me an MPC X or some shit and be up to date while still able to produce that sound.

RIP SP-1200, killed by greed. F.

For real i lost my sympathy for this shit tbh. Always wanted to lay my hands on one of those but MFers acting like you ask them to sell their children.
Its outdated technology, most of those MFers wont use em and let them sit there to collect dust like pokemon cards..

Now those fkers come up with their greedy cash grab. If i had that money id just get me an MPC X or some shit and be up to date while still able to produce that sound.

RIP SP-1200, killed by greed. F.
I have to agree with Stona here, while it is an iconic piece of hip hop history that I would have killed to own 20 years ago, times have changed, technology moves very fast and its moved on. You can get an MPC 0ne for a quarter the price or go all out with the MPC X for less than half that. This is cashing in on nostalgia and will only appeal to collectors.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh for sure. I'm just saying for those that are in the market for an SP but don't want to spend 10K, this is a better option.

He could have added all kinds of modern stuff but even then, it's still limited. Just the tiny screen alone is annoying compared to today's stuff. For $4k I could buy an MPC X and STILL have plenty left over for hookers.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Stona Persona despise extremists of any kind especially the ones you mentioned, they're the kind responsible for the underground vs mainstream divide in the 90s as if rappers on either side weren't about money and couldn't co exist.