eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
http://www.roland.com/products/en/SP-606/

Industry News
ANNOUNCING THE U.S. ARRIVAL OF ROLAND'S SP-606
Posted on July 23, 2004
Los Angeles, CA, July 23, 2004—The SP-606 is a new-generation sampling workstation that does it all. It combines sampling, phrase sequencing, audio editing, effects, performance tools, computer connectivity, and soft-synthesis into one sleek, user-friendly package.

Pro-quality digital audio can be captured with the SP-606's 8-voice sampling engine by recording directly from the built-in stereo inputs and digital input, or via USB for drag & drop WAV/AIF file exchange. Samples can be twisted, sliced, and sculpted internally and/or with the companion PC software (more info below).

Audio loops can be time-stretched and locked to sequences in real time thanks to the SP-606's BPM sync control and internal 4-track MIDI sequencer. Serious audio-processing power is built into the SP-606 in the form of two high-quality effects engines. For polished, radio-ready final mixes, you can tap into the SP-606's mastering effects. Export your masterpieces with crystal-clear quality via the SP-606's digital output.

Unprecedented plug-and-play convenience, speed, and massive storage capacity is possible with the SP-606's CompactFlash card slot. Over six hours (!) of audio can be recorded, and WAV and AIF files can be imported/exported without the need for a separate CompactFlash reader/writer. Long load times are a thing of the past with the SP-606.

The SP-606 can be used as a full-featured standalone sampler or as a USB companion for the bundled P606 software app (PC compatible, included free with the SP-606). Designed by the creative braintrust at Cakewalk, P606 provides a powerful array of phrase generators, soft synthesizers, and virtual effects — the end results of which can be controlled by or transferred to the SP-606, eliminating the need for a static CD library. Best of all, the SP-606 can seamlessly control, import, edit, and play back tracks created with P606.

“We’re very excited to co-develop a best-of-both-worlds product,” comments Greg Hendershott, Founder and CEO of Cakewalk. “Musicians can perform powerful PC-based beat generation and synthesis, then unhook the SP606 and take it to the gig, it’s that simple. It’s a great product and telling of our companies’ shared vision in bringing the best innovative products to market to suit the needs of a wide range of musicians.”

Last year, Roland Corporation and Cakewalk announced a strategic alliance comprised of three components: The companies would co-develop innovative desktop music products; Cakewalk products would be exclusively distributed by Roland and its subsidiary, Edirol, in select countries outside North America; and Roland made a minority investment in Cakewalk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shit looks dope as fuck!!!!

ill o.g.
Know what i just noticed?

A lot of us werent born yet, but the Technics SL1200 was the first turntable of its kind. There were a couple other direct-drivesd at the time and everything but none as strong as the sl. And it was the first to have Pitch Slider Dial. One of the first to be in the shape that it is in. A lot of other little features. But Technics had a couple patents slip, then from then on, almost every turntable looks like the SL1200.

Its a different story, but everbodys copyin the MPC a little bit. They all look a little different, but i bet they all look back at the MPC for some base features. I think some of these companys should bein a little more unique with this shit.

I still think it looks dope. But i also think it looks like an MPC by Roland.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
helix said:
I still think it looks dope. But i also think it looks like an MPC by Roland.

Couldn't agree with you more... I think it's because they know the mpc is a beast and they want to get as close to or exceed the mpc's capabilites... No matter what, i would go with an mpc but i always checkin out new stuff... I still gotta get an mpc, but when i get it and learn it, it'll be a done one, fa sho!!!

T

The Bastard

how much this bitch goin for man i cant find it anywhere

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well, the thing is that they want to tap the hip hop market.

they know the things that people like the most about the mpc, and so it is wise to cash in on that market.

the other thing is that they do offer things like built in souinds, effects right out of the box, etc...
so that is a place where they are trying to innovate.. seriously, how many ways can you create the sampler/sequencer/drum machine?

this product is really for the lower end customer who uses a computer. at any rate their sp line isnt all that great. the 202 and 303 (for some reason boss products instead of roland..) were excellent pieces for what they were but thats it. i have heard a lot of bad things about the 808, but afew people like them. i have never used one so really cant say, but i poersonally think they are wasting both their time and their customers money with these.

why not do something really innovative?

heres a great idea: take the mv 8000 and build it the way they would, say, their fantom keyboards, stock with 64 MB of their best sounds and add space for 4 expansion slots. ditch the multi sampling and leave only phrase sampling, for hits and phrases (duh, right?), add a built in floppy with a n optional disc drive, oula! instead of having a keyboard featuring those cheesy ass pads, they have an mpc-like machine that has the guts of their best keyboards and the same effects and cosm models and samle editing features.....

now that would be innovative.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
jey, i wouldnt mind! just as long as a quality piece comes out of it. thats the type of piece thet inspire its own imitations.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
That link that helix gave helps alot... I think it is probably a good machine but i would roll with the mpc all day... They show a video with some cat rockin it at this convention... I don't know, it's nice but i would roll with an akai over this... But, don't mark my words... Maybe if i messed with it hands on i would change my mind... Yo, truth you should try and market that idea!! That would be dope as fuck... Good lookin with that link helix... Did anyone find out how much they're asking for one of those???

ill o.g.
YOU HAFFFTTTTOOOOO CHECK THAT LAST LINK I POSTED!!!

Theres a video demo of this kid playin with it. He turns on somethin called the "D-BEAM" and its fuckin amazin. He waves his hand across the top of the thing and he can play an instrument like that, or trigger effects by wavin his hand. You gotta check this out.

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i know that shit is crazy im thinkin about gettin it if i cant get the mpc...is 4 tracks good enuff

ill o.g.
4 Tracks aint enough for me, but im not really sure if they said that right. Im havin trouble believin that its only 4 tracks. That will suck if its really only 4 tracks. Thats like:
1- Kick
2- Hi-Hat
3- Snare
4- Bass

Vex

ill o.g.
BELIEVE IT!!! It only has a 4 track sequencer!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like the SP-505 only had a 4 track sequencer, dam thats so LAME.

Stay away from this if you can, you may aswell save up the extra $100 to get the MPC 1000, it murders this thing!

Dont be fooled by its good looks, all Roland products look nice but its a different story when you buy.

Safe.

members online