RIP Studio One

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I accept that it's business as usual (but doesn't have to be) but these companies are cannibalizing each other.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ive stumbled upon this, looked interesting and free, how did they destroy it? Just curious to know
Gibson bought Cakewalk then threw them off the cliff to cut costs or whatever. Then a company named Bandlab bought them and offer it for free. I recommend people grab it, it's a really dope DAW.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Gibson bought Cakewalk then threw them off the cliff to cut costs or whatever. Then a company named Bandlab bought them and offer it for free. I recommend people grab it, it's a really dope DAW.

Damn, i always thought Gibson was cool n shit making good guitars. Gotta read some of that shit up

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Gibson is owned by people that don't care one bit about music. Its simply a business for them I try not to give them any money even though they do have some great guitars. Gibson also bought and killed two other amazing companies, one called Opcode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opcode_Systems and a program called Gigaampler/Studio that was amazing. I knew when Gibson bought Cakewalk it was over. I don't understand why Gibson would buy a company just to kill it. Its weird.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Gibson is owned by people that don't care one but about music. Its simply a business for them I try not to give them any money even though they do have some great guitars. Gibson also bought and killed two other amazing companies, one called Opcode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opcode_Systems and a program called Gigaampler/Studio that was amazing. I knew when Gibson bought Cakewalk it was over. I don't understand why Gibson would buy a company just to kill it. Its weird.
Yeah Gigasampler was the shit! I loved it. Fuck Gibson.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Try @Iron Keys either MPC Beats or MPC 2. You won't be disappointed.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Try @Iron Keys either MPC Beats or MPC 2. You won't be disappointed.
think i registered for mpc beats. dunno if i still have access to it or what.

Before Studio One popped up on my radar, I was set to go to Ableton. Cubase was my all-time fave. So have a feeling they would be the contenders if I have to set sail. I've already been considering Ableton to partner S1 so.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
If @Iron Keys you find out you have access try it, dopest tutorials for it are from Ave McRee, fcthetruth, doswell beats, Ghetto Styles, SumnSumnSumnHTK, Anubis, thisisalbe

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Gibson is owned by people that don't care one bit about music. Its simply a business for them I try not to give them any money even though they do have some great guitars. Gibson also bought and killed two other amazing companies, one called Opcode https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opcode_Systems and a program called Gigaampler/Studio that was amazing. I knew when Gibson bought Cakewalk it was over. I don't understand why Gibson would buy a company just to kill it. Its weird.

I was going to post about Gibson buying Opcode. Opcode's Vision was one of the dopest sequencers you could buy back inna day and their Studio line of MIDI interfaces were rock solid from what I remember. Then Gibson bought it and all that goodness went down the toilet.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can you imagine where Opcode would be if they had kept going? Would have been cool!

Studio Vision was out front when it came to sequencing and audio. Granted, Steinberg change the game when they dropped Cubase VST, but Vision was still rock solid and probably would have adapted VST and ASIO in the same way Logic did around that time. But my guess would be they would have been a real contender for many years.