UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I don't think there's any denying that Guru had hard feelings towards Premo, if not, Premo would have said something by now. My thing is this...What man would take some hate ish to the grave like that? I mean if he hated Premo to the point of not letting go of the past even on his death bed, he should have been making attempts on his life while he was healthy, right? In other words...It's hard to think of anything Premo could have done that was so bad that Guru would write a letter telling the world not to give him anything in his name and there not be some type of beef between these two dudes...That just does NOT make sense! Im not sure that whatever is being hidden will ever surface but anyone with logical sense can see that something is being kept quiet. This is BS!

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/the-real-solar-guru-gang-starr-story-rip-guru/

this "article" is crazy, courtesy of HKS (check the pics inside):

"

The Real Gang Starr Story: RIP GURU

The rap group “Gang Starr” was born in Boston, after Big Shug gave it life with partner Keith Elam now known as “Guru”. At that time Big Shug and Guru were faced with the financial hurdle of funding their studio sessions, so they came up with a plan to solve that obstacle with a robbery plan…that plan was for “Big Shug” to do the jack and “Guru” serve as the getaway driver, but that didn’t work. Know why? Because when “Shug” was doing the robbery, “Guru” ended up getting scared and took off. So, the robbery got muffled and “Big Shug” did a three-year sentence for robbery.

While “Shug” was in jail “Guru” moved to New York City. There, he ran into “DJ Premier” who just came from Houston Texas. Together, they formed the now legendary group known as “Gang Starr”.

Gang Starr was doing well, and when “Big Shug” returned from prison “Guru” and “Premo” were rightly breaking him off paper. But here’s something what you may not know (which I always knew) Guru, whose real name is Keith Elam, was a homosexual, and he started dating a well-known homosexual from Brooklyn New york named “DJ Solar”. Solar (real name John Barry Mo’Sher) ended up breaking up “Gang Starr” because he pulled Guru away from the talented “DJ Premier”, word is Solar wanted Guru all for himself. I know this because I used to book shows for “Guru & Solar” and dude use to beat on “Guru” I swear!!! I personally witnessed someone walking in on Solar giving Guru a proper beating behind closed doors.

Sources close to HSK were touring Europe with Guru, Solar, and DJ Doo Wop & Kool Keith with Kutmasta Kurt in Fall 2005. At that time the groups had an extended week long stay in the Spanish Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Guru happily lounged with Solar in his flip flops and swimming trunks downing Hennessy straight and snorting blow by the eightball. This is the same event where Kutmasta Kurt got his nose busted breaking up a fight between Kool Keith’s crew and a concert goer after the show. Matter of fact “Real Connections” still owes about 20,000 euros from that event.

Just this past February, Guru suffered a heart attack leaving him in a comatose state into March. That’s when Solar reportedly kept Guru’s family away from him, because he wanted full control. My sources even tell me that this “Solar” guy didn’t allow doctors to treat “Guru” properly.

When I woke up this morning, I heard the sad news that 43-year-old “Guru” had died yesterday (April 19. 2010), from cancer.

I went into complete silence, and said to myself “Life is too short.” Now, sources are telling me “Solar” is stealing royalties from the group “Gang Starr”. I guess “Solar” got “Guru” to sign over the rights to his name. To make matters worse, “Solar” is saying “Guru” left a letter to all his fans. He says in that letter (printed below), he (Guru) doesn’t want anything to do with his long time collaborator “DJ Premier” even in death…WTF!?!

This “Solar” guy seems to think we’re all a bunch of idiots. Because, “Guru” wouldn’t say any shit like that while on his death bed. “Guru’s” nephew has been speaking about this matter for a while now. Don’t believe me? Ask DJ Premier.

This may all sound harsh, but in fact Jacky and all HSK staff have a deep respect for Guru. One key component that separates Hollywood Street from any other industry blog is that we tell the truth no matter how much it may hurt or damage false images about an art we hold dear. Other sites would never report the truth rather they further perpetuate falsities.

Today I’ll remember Guru as I listen to the third “Gangstarr” album “Daily Operation”…I always liked the song “Take It Personal”. RIP GURU!!!"

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
another crazy crazy "article?" from HKS :

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/gurus-father-sends-police-sons-body/

"Guru’s Father Sends Police For Son’s Body

Shocking further developments are coming to light in the wake following the death of the Gangstarr legendary MC Guru.

Reports are coming into HSK that when Guru’s father, the Honorable Harry J. Elam, a former prominent lawyer from Boston and a retired Massachusetts superior court justice, called to recover the body from John “Solar” Mo’Sher, Solar said that he was taking the body upstate for a private memorial.

Judge Elam immediately made claim to the body and asked Solar to “return the body at once”, to which Solar replied that he would return the body if Elam Sr. called off the Elam nephew from continuing to make statements and videos about Solar. Claims which Solar continues to call false.

Judge Elam’s reply, “I don’t have time for these childish games, send my sons body home immediately.”

Following this exchange the police were sent and Guru’s body was recovered and is currently on its way back to Boston, to his family and to lay in honor as they see fit.

Not only should Solar return the body with-out delay, but Solar should return to the family all rights supposedly passed on to him from Guru on his deathbed. These should be held by the family in TRUST until KC is of legal age to handle himself.

This guy Solar, who HSK staff have personally met and traveled with is a NUT job. What is going on in his peas size brain is very troubling to say the least. Now that Guru is no longer around to protect him it might be time for dude to vanish on his own before someone does it for him."

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
0_0 ...WOW. Its makes sense now (Allegedly). Love is that missing factor, its was a stretch if they were just friends but, this would explain alot!! especially if family didnt approve, wow....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
so what ur tellin me, is that ALL this time, for the last 15-20 yrs, that the mysterious "gay rapper" was Guru all along???!!! and everyone was sayin it was Eric Sermon... lol.. i gotta laugh at this shit.

da relic

well, I've heard VERY credible stories about qtip, some not so crdible about diddy....

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
so what ur tellin me, is that ALL this time, for the last 15-20 yrs, that the mysterious "gay rapper" was Guru all along???!!! and everyone was sayin it was Eric Sermon... lol.. i gotta laugh at this shit.

da relic

Slik, there is a large percentage of the entertainment industry that is homosexual or living a "double life" behind the scenes.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Yeah man. I didn't wanna say that but he is kinda soft. When you ask someone if they are gay, its a yes or no question. He shoulda just said NO.

When Sway touched on Primo, that was very interesting.

On a sidenote, Sway wanted to put hands on Solar towards the last 30-40 seconds of the video. GURU, Preme and Sway go waaaaaaay back.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Slik, there is a large percentage of the entertainment industry that is homosexual or living a "double life" behind the scenes.
yea... we know that now, but back in the early 80s and 90s, when we were all teenagers, thats the last thing u were thinkin bout.

now im questionin if he really died of cancer, or AIDS complications.

da relic

Its funny because I suspected there may be gay links when I first read the letter.
First and foremost because to get legal rights he must be either family or closer.
And the only other closer than family is partner, as in lover. I also suspected that the gay relationship had something to do with the split with premo. And out of respect it was kept very much on the dl. I didnt want to say anything before as I thought such a wild conspiracy theory would be highly disrespectful. If its true, it makes a lot of things that didnt make sense, make sense. And it also makes Solar look like a gold digging bitch.
The rumours about Solar being gay are pretty widespread. I personally think Solar somehow brainwashed Guru, into believing what they had was something really special, I saw the interview where Guru was trying to plug the new Solar work, and refused to talk about gang starr, that just seemed really off for me.
As for it affecting Guru's legacy, I dont think it does one bit. The world is moving beyond the acceptance of gays, its a normal thing. Especially in the music industry.
And there is no denying the body of work.