Rick Ross needs to A&R Nas' next album

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Also, Sugarhill got sued by whoever mastered the track good times, Chic (the band who made the song refused to sue them).

Damn the sugarhill gang got sued? I didnt know that.

Yeah PR and Premo had their time, I wonder have they messed with any software yet to make a beat, not including recording in pro tools. I know their die hard hardware users but i wonder if they gave it a 2 month try.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, I saw Premo and messing with something, I think it was ableton or reason and I've seen 9th on FL Studio...I've never seen PR on anything.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I've seen a lot of vids where 9th is on the MPC 2500. That makes me think he'll be one of the first big name producers to be see using the Renaissance.

There's almost 20 of these 3 min vids, who ever uploaded them broke them up LOL..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I stand corrected...they did get sued but it was by 2 of Chic's members and NOT the holder of the Mastering copyrights...Here's the article from Wikipedia...

The Sugarhill Gang is an American hip hop group, known mostly for its 1979 hit "Rapper's Delight," the first hip hop single to become a Top 40 hit. The song uses an interpolation of the instrumental track from the classic hit "Good Times" by Chic as its foundation.
The members, all from Englewood, New Jersey, called themselves Wonder Mike, Big Bank Hank, and Master Gee. The three were assembled into a group by producer Sylvia Robinson, who also founded Sugar Hill Records along with her husband, the record mogul Joe Robinson. "Rapper's Delight" used a track cut from a Sugar Hill house band called Positive Force with Chip Shearin on bass and Brian Morgan on guitar. The track interpolated "Good Times" by Chic. Big Bank Hank's verses were written by Grandmaster Caz. However, despite the record's success, Caz did not receive any royalties for his contribution.[1] Chic's Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards filed a lawsuit for copyright infringement over "Rapper's Delight," the first of many such legal battles for hip hop. It was settled out of court, leaving Rodgers with a large cut of all future royalties.
The Sugarhill Gang never again topped the charts, though it had a few minor hits, such as "Apache," Eighth Wonder" (which was performed on the American music show Soul Train in 1981), "Rapper's Reprise (Jam Jam)," and "Showdown" (with the Furious Five). In 1999, the trio reunited and recorded Jump on It! a hip hop children's album. The group continue to tour.

They eventually got sued again by Grandmaster Caz but I don't remember how that turned out.

Except for his classic album, his tracks are always lack luster... and he seems to do it on purpose.... there's no other explanation.

http://www.hotbeats4less.com

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
i've heard premo talking about serato. never actually seen him use it though. never seen pete rock not use an mpc....i can vaguely remember him on an mv8000, but don't quote me on that.

I was at Lord Finesse's B-day show a few years ago and Premo was spinnin. It was his first night rockin on Serato. I remember him saying, "I'm new to this serato shit".Not sure if he uses it all the time.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I agree with Ozmosis. Nas didn't have the creative control on Illmatic that he had afterwards and his output suffered because he didn't have a good producer guiding him through the process after Illmatic. Everyone after Illmatic simply dickrode.

He needs to have a strong-willed producer work with him.

Justice League is hot because they create the pseudo techno style that's so popular at the moment, with the nicely chorused synths, etc.

Nas is probably too arrogant and cocky, and this hurts his beat selection, because he's the "great Nas." Dude hasn't done crap in a while. There were so many times I thought he could save hiphop and he always delivered a wack album that had cool lyricism and shitty production.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
maybe these GD's from alabama will A&R for Rick Ross' next album, they got beats if you listen at the end :D

members online