Recycle

C

Copenhagen

I use ReCycle, but can you be more specific with your problem.

ill o.g.
my specific problem is cutting up the loops. When I cut some loops up the sound of the loop is jagged and doesn't work in different tempos. Im realizing though, that some loops are going to be like that anyway.

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In fact, most of the loop will sound like that way, exept sometimes drums... Recycle doesn't stretch the sound so if you slow it down gaps will apear. You can hide this by applying a bit of the "stretch" button (it's not really stretching, recycle puts sounds in the gaps so they are less there). Or just don't slow down loops or use an app that stretch loop like Acid or Live.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Another thing you can do is to try and lower the pitch of the whole loop. That makes the sounds longer and also a lot of stuff sounds better in the lower ranges.

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you don't make enough hit spots it will be very choppy. You should increase the sen. to make more sections in the sample.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i'm glad yall mentioned this about recycle. i been using soundforge and i was advised to use recycle (primarily because i can get ahold of alot of sample that are in Rex. file format) i did notice on recycle you have the ability to adjust the BPM. that would be my main concern as far as a soft sampler, the timestreching abilities and EQ abilities. holla back with any advice, tips, suggestions, recoemmendations, etc. peace.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Realistically any wave editer will do tho if yer simply tryin to cut a loop instead of seperate tha sounds by tha slice algorythems in recycle....Shit, i use a free prgm to cut mine still called audacity...that shit works perfect for me....then i dump it into recycle later to better edit my samples and seperate tha sounds and parts more accurately.