Recycle Questions?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Does anybody here use recycle and an mpc 2000xl

My production partner(ash homlz) has recycle and uses it with his 4000, he is able to chop samples and export the chops directly to his 4000(shit is dope as hell)

Will these same programs load in my 2000xl correctly(i understand im going to have to save the chops to my card reader and load them in my XL)
I just want to make sure recyle is not just compatible with the 4000..

Also can soundforge do any of the chopping features that recycle can do???(export chops to the mpc as well??)

Thanks for the info

classs....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Yea Recycle should be compativle with the 2kxl. It has a function that searches for and reads the sampler device, whatever it may be.

If for some reason you run into problems, you can export each slice as a separate .wav and load it up manually.

classic

ill o.g.
If for some reason you run into problems, you can export each slice as a separate .wav and load it up manually.

Thanks
but see thats exaclty what i want to aviode, if I can only load sample chops manually its a waste of my time, i want to know if i can load the akai programs that recycle creates in my 2000Xl

class

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Yep i believe so, i use recycle but don't have an MPC, but as far as my knowledge of the program, and recent google research you should be perfectly fine.

For one thing, i believe recycle was sendin programs to previous MPC's before the 4k was even released

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Thanks
but see thats exaclty what i want to aviode, if I can only load sample chops manually its a waste of my time, i want to know if i can load the akai programs that recycle creates in my 2000Xl

class

Thats a good question.If i am readin what you said correctly on the 4000 you can just load an akai program and the sounds would already be assigned to the pads...That would save me a shit load of time...I do the recycle/MPC2kxl combo also,but i just go thru and indvidual load up the .wav files to the pads....

classic

ill o.g.
Thats a good question.If i am readin what you said correctly on the 4000 you can just load an akai program and the sounds would already be assigned to the pads...That would save me a shit load of time...I do the recycle/MPC2kxl combo also,but i just go thru and indvidual load up the .wav files to the pads....

Yep thats exaclty what happens, with the 4000 it loads the sounds directly into memory to the correctly assinged pads via USB... With the 2000xl that wont be possible becasue there is no usb connection, but i want to know is if i save the program and the wav chops to a folder on my CF card, will the program and wav chops load on my mpc with no problems...

This is the milliondollar question if the answer is yes, then im copping recycle today , if its no, then screw it im doing just fine chopping using the zone feature on my xl

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
genius just come thru the crib bring the card and try it ... even better when i get home ill email u a program so u can see if it works......but i think it will work .. it has nothing to do with the usb its just loading a program .. the same way u load up a bassline or any instrument program...

classic

ill o.g.
genius just come thru the crib bring the card and try it ... even better when i get home ill email u a program so u can see if it works......but i think it will work .. it has nothing to do with the usb its just loading a program .. the same way u load up a bassline or any instrument program...

Damn i hadent thought of that.... lol

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
it should be a case that recycle can save in an akai program format in which case it will work on any MPC dnt see how else it would do it !
so the answer i would have thought will be yes but like ash said just try it lol

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok imma speak on experience, not theoreticals...LOL anyhow I had recycle export the program to my 3000 and it did not read them it was not a pgm but Akp file , however wiith 2.0, I tried it and it worked with my 1000, you need to export the program..pgm....it depends on the mpc on whether it has full success Class, also the sampler reading is very lame, I never had any success whatsoever and actually that is exporting using midi.....

I see what you are trying to achieve, my advice....get the mv dawg I been down the road tryna find more effective ways of chopping, I like the feel of me using that LCD on a big color screen just like I am in soundforge or protool but its instantly on the mv...no matter how I chop it....anyhow ....good luck....but I never had full success doing it but Recycle is excellent though....

I was even sampling from it into the MPC for awhile after I got my chops but sacrificed some sound quality....Oh and another staple for you if you are looking for more versatile ways to use your computer with the mPC.....get the MPC editor, it costs like 35.00.....but you can cross export wav to mpc, snd to wave and akp to pgm...and actually premake your kits completely all the way down to the decay etc on the samples....but like I said I was doing just about every technique.....got the MV and said damn...someone was actually thinking about all this shit I have to do to chop and make programs on the computer then put it on a disc how I want using my computer and put it all in one place nicely...call me lazy but I got sick of flipping discs between the computer and the disk drive on the MP..nuff said.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I was about to offer to try it out for you if you knew how,but i think you'll get a quicker response with Holmz...If it works would one of you guys mind sending me the program to do it...gracias

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
YES! Classic via SCSI only (i think)(it supports AKAI samplers, not sure if it'll pick up the MPC) (didnt pick up my 2000 via MIDI so i'm not sure)..but the way you want to do it is...

go to... File>Export>as AKP (save to your card)(this will create indiv. wav file for ur slices (del. the extra akaisys and midi file)

UPDATE!!

Can I use Recycle with my MPC?

Not directly. The MPC does not support SCSI sample dumps. However there is an easy work around if you like to use Recycle.

You will only need one more additional piece of software to do this called MPC FileCreator. It can be found at Risings Software.

When you finish chopping your beats in Recycle, save your work as a Sample Cell file (*.ins). Open this in MPC FileCreator and it will create an MPC program file with sounds. You can now load this in the MPC by disk and have the sounds already mapped for you in a program.

This saves you from having to create a new program from all the new samples you created and can save you a bit of time.

:: TAKEN FROM MPC2000XL.com ::

So the answer is NO! Sorry man...

members online