Recording & Mixing with Kanye West

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
yea...very good read! Proves Ye was a conceded bastard from day one. At least you can't say the game changed him. He's real! You just have to add (a) in the front of real and (asshole) behind it!

O

open mind

he is real a real pink **** head.
2005_12_08_kanye.jpg

xin_59020309145250146662.jpg

667sa0.jpg

P

PRohDusah

yah yah dude comes off as being conceded and cocky and he throws his chic tantrums but when he was on 106 & park was it me but he didn't show it when he was next to 50. he was like a wolf in a subservient role.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
" 'Bring Me Down', featuring guest vocals by Brandy, was a Pro Tools Session comprising 107 tracks, 48 of which were just Brandy."

That doesnt make any sense to me..It just really shouldnt even be...
My God Motown tracks were what ? Done on a 4 track? And shit still sounds good enough that we are sampling it.
I mean if you cant sing on no more than 8 seperate tracks and make it sound good then you need to rethink things..
Reminds me of this drink commercial where the two engineers are sitting there and some chick is singin away and someone accidently hits the solo button and the broad actually sucks ass...

The mix of 'Bring Me Down' took eight hours just to set up. Once it was, Bauer ran into often disorganised tracks that required a day's worth of editing, cleaning and crossfades. The thought of it makes him a bit cranky, and he suggests that it reflects an ongoing deterioration of engineering skills in an age of preset black boxes. "It's typical of hip-hop sessions but even more so of the whole business these days," he comments caustically. "There's no one to crack the whip, to make sure that the tracks being worked on are clean, with good punches and edits, and ready to be sent on to the next guy in the engineering chain."

No sense in that either unless your doing a fucking orchestra..
I like where after all this they were just gonna use a mp3 of it ..lol
Way to spit in that face Kanye!

He reminds me of P-Diddy more and more lol..

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
48 tracks, take over take over take, massive autotuning...common the bitch cant perform in the studio with a dozen semi exec. producing commenting on each take..."hey that wennt well but im not sure, fetch a new track" and so on ...man, noobs probably need 96 channels in the least.