• beat this! voting starts in...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man

i hear all the time

"all i got is reason and a stupid midi keybaord to make beats with"

you all need to dead that talk. i just got a reason 3 demo...

and i've owned mpc's, tritons, roland xp boards, motifs, i run cubase sx currently... i have waves. i have a lot of very good software and have owned the "standards" in hardware.
the preset patches in the sampler and synth are pretty good. the drums are very good. the maelstrom synth is VERY capable.... very intuitively designed. a programming idiot can pick it up and get moving off the jump. there are very good refills available as well.... which i have also heard. the mastering effects rate favorably with the ones i currently have.... which are waves gold, mainly. all this without scratching the surface...

reason and a high end computer with sound card and monitors/headphones today costs what my first low end setup- dr 202, sp 202, and a four track did 6 years ago..... $1200.

i will always have a hardware affinity..... and i will always have softwrae affinity, and i will likely always have a mix of both in my setup.

but people act like "poor ol me, this crummy old reason program is all i have"... dead that talk. reason is a VERY capable program. i got cubase sx for 400- but i still had to add a mastering suite, i had to add vst plug ins, i had to add a LOT of things. reason gives you everything necessary right out the box- with very good upgradeable pieces optional. i dont want to hear the "woe is me" talk when cats say they "only" have reason. you can do anything anyone with anything else can do, and then some.

great program.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
the cats i know that use reason have never complained about it and it is a good program true.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
maybe im mistaken... but it always seems like reason users present themselves as second class citicens becaus ethey have reason and not some huge rig...

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
could be havent noticed that...
in most cases the rule applies, get to know what you are using as good as possible then the power is yours...

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
this is exactly how ive felt for time, reason is as capable as any of that hardware stuff out there people brag about. anyone that knows reason well enuff will never whine about its capabilities, id rather have reason than a triton extreme or roland phantom, back in the day which i thought was everything.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i dunno bout the fantom thing, lol....

no, if you ask me reason is on par with those though. it just gives you a differnet way of doing the same things....

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
same here I own a MPC4000 ASR-10 and I have been into reason for about 2 years and reason is the truth. I can't get the ASR-10 sound but reason is just as good. I don't know where all the fuss comes from

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Dawg I had reason B4 2.5 and when I didn't have my equipment or access to it,I sold a lot of beats off of that program and the thing when I go back and listen is damn did I make that beat how come I mixed that beat sounding so good....I just love being ancient fuck it and staying with gear...LOl its Clean as F....the Drums sound like the sample so yeh you completely skip that whole mixing step and dealing with the external mixing....(yeah but I know you do the same thing in there) but its different outcome.....I do not feel sorry for anyone with reason its a sick ass program.....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
people dont complain per se... but i hear it all the time- "alli got is reason" "all afrique uses is reason" "man i made this dope ass beat using just reason"

and i tried the demo, and it left me thinking "why are these cats actin like reason is some lil ol program?" cause its always "man all i got is reason" they are complaining... but when i hear people or see posts online and people say "all i got is" or i "just" have, things like that- it alludes to reason being a step down somehow.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Reason is a virtual dream studio. Ok maybe I stretched it, but I have the demo and I'm in love. Only thing I'm complaining about is not knowing how to fully use it and the 20 min time limit.

Anybody care to donate to the steel side ultimate studio fund?
-over-

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Shyt i use reason now and i used to use the triton but fuck that..reason is the fuckin shyt and there aint not reason to feel ashamed cuz u dont use a keyboard and mpc's or w.e fuck it reason works like everything else and its good as hell..

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
FuriouZ said:
Shyt i use reason now and i used to use the triton but fuck that..reason is the fuckin shyt and there aint not reason to feel ashamed cuz u dont use a keyboard and mpc's or w.e fuck it reason works like everything else and its good as hell..

LMao I gotta agree with Cold on this one

Yea Same here FuriouZ i had a Mpc, triton few racks then Picked up on reason

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
people dont complain per se... but i hear it all the time- "alli got is reason" "all afrique uses is reason" "man i made this dope ass beat using just reason"

and i tried the demo, and it left me thinking "why are these cats actin like reason is some lil ol program?" cause its always "man all i got is reason" they are complaining... but when i hear people or see posts online and people say "all i got is" or i "just" have, things like that- it alludes to reason being a step down somehow.

I think the "all i use" or the "all i have" is more of a brag than a complaint. Like "all I have is this $350 software and you have $20,000 worth of gear and my shit's hotter than yours" Reason is a hot program. Here's something for the doubters, I saw Just Blaze at a conference last week and he said out of his mouth that he's seriously considering using Reason. I'm still using 2.5 and I ain't mad at all. (I still use hardware too though)

X

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Reason Rules.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
reason is nice, i plan on using it as a softsynth do to my mpc. Still cant fuck wit the MPC's sequncer though ;) lol

LOL.....A sequencer's, a sequencer's....Just give me a metronome and let me rock!!!!

X

BTW...Wud up Class...Long time Bruh...

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I have to agree that Reason is the joint! I recently was kinda forced into using it in order to continue to make beats after some of my hardware went down. I was amazed at how simple it was to get started. I've always heard people giving Reason praise, and now I know why. I was one of those "Damn, all I got now is Reason to make beats with" fools. LOL! Man was that a dumb statement! Only because I didin't know anything about it. Now that I've actually took the time to learn the program; I love it! I think I'll be getting Reason 3.0 as soon as my new computer comes in.
ONE

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Producer X said:
I think the "all i use" or the "all i have" is more of a brag than a complaint. Like "all I have is this $350 software and you have $20,000 worth of gear and my shit's hotter than yours" Reason is a hot program. Here's something for the doubters, I saw Just Blaze at a conference last week and he said out of his mouth that he's seriously considering using Reason. I'm still using 2.5 and I ain't mad at all. (I still use hardware too though)

X

This is diffidently the case. It is no complaint. Reason users are proud as shit cause they got the best thing in producing going, and it was cheap. Definitely a brag that they can do shit that people have spent thousands on gear doing.

members online