reason rewired to sonar 4

ill o.g.
quick pregunta.... theoretically, this is what i'm thinking about doing.... i'd like to use Reason to be my sound library of all of my samples in order to consolidate everything from my mpc, fantom, and any other sources of samples AND to be able to use Reason as a rewire into sonar for the purpose of being able to save entire projects where all of my samples are saved whether it be via midi or audio....basically a massive instrument defintion. I want to be able to open a sonar project and for all my reason samples to show up and playback.....is this possible and how do you do it? THX- Sub-Con

ill o.g.
yeah i checked it out... i think it sort of answered my question so i know that yeah sonar and reason can be run simultaneously via Midi, but i'm still unclear about the ability to basicallly store all of my samples and use reason as my sound library... what it boils down to is:
1) basically every recorded track that i make will run thru reason into sonar (unless i'm using different plug-ins or something)
2) then i can bounce my midi tracks into audio tracks, arrange, mix, then mix down into stereo.

is this basically the correct way of looking at it?

cycloptic

ill o.g.
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but...

Using rewire will require you to save your project in multiple files. The stuff you loaded into reason would be in one, and the stuff you loaded into sonar would be in the other. Unfortunately, this is the nature of rewire.

If you are asking if your raw samples can be saved and embedded in the projects, I would say yes to that for both reason and sonar. In reason check the file menu for Song Self Contain Settings to set this up in reason.

If you are going to do your tracking in reason and just rewire the output to sonar, you will be able to send up to 64 tracks to sonar, which isn't bad.

The Uh-Oh comes if you are planning to track in sonar to drive reason's instruments. In this case you will run into the dreaded 16 channel limit with sonar's implementation. That is, you only get to use 16 midi channels in sonar to drive reasons instruments, and the first channel is dedicated to reasons hardware device. In the latest version of sonar (5.2) they have done away with that limit, so you may want to consider upgrading.

As far as bouncing tracks for mixing, etc. It sound like you've got the right idea.

I hope this answered your questions.

cycloptic