Reason help

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hi ya'll
I need help with this stupid reason Reddrum, I have asked this before but I cannot find the right settings or I didn't understand what you said. That is a very high propability.

When i put the drums out in the tracks they get quantizised differently from what they are when I just listen to em in the redrum. They get unshuffled and shitty. How do I set it so it won't be any different from when I just listen to the drumpatterns.

Thanks

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
How do i do that?

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
resolution is a knob at the bottom of the redrum has like 1/26 1/32 ect.... ive never had that problem but when i make a sound in the malstrom then make a patter in the matrix editor it will sound right, and then when i hit the play button at the bottom of reason it sounds completely diff and it pisses me off cuz i have to go to sound forge record it then load it into the nxt

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
if it's 2.5 email me the file and i'll take a look at it... w/ reason it can be something simple or something complex.. it's hard to tell sometimes...

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
It's no file. It's just the drumpatterns that gets screwed up. But I think I figured it out. I set it on "shuffle" and then quantizized it and it came correct. Dunno why, it's a mystery to me how it does this on this track but not on others. I have totally remade the track from scratch but it's the same way anyways.
Could it be something in my cubase setting in the song that does this to reason?

Shit is what it is anyways.. But hey, That is life.

You wanna know what else is shit. The time is 06:01 here at night/morning and I have totally given up sleeping and gotten out of bed and am sitting here staring at my computerscreen... That is life aswell.

Skiten suger fet balle (Profanity in swedish)

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
there's ur answer "u had it set to shuffle" take the shuffle off, when u use the Redrum and light the little lights it's already quantizized... its in 16ths... u only need to quantizized IF u've played the notes urself and u want it to fit in to 16th, 16(3), or 32nd....etc. etc...

having it on shuffle then quantizing it is just removing the shuffle, that's all...

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
christ its only 10:20pm here.....i dont wake up before 9am either haha jp only when i have too

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
here's what's strange. I had it set to 1/16. It came out correct when I set it to shuffle and quantizized.. That's really strange

D

DAVE-ILL

Freakwncy said:
there's ur answer "u had it set to shuffle" take the shuffle off, when u use the Redrum and light the little lights it's already quantizized... its in 16ths... u only need to quantizized IF u've played the notes urself and u want it to fit in to 16th, 16(3), or 32nd....etc. etc...

having it on shuffle then quantizing it is just removing the shuffle, that's all...

Listen to what he's saying. Its on point

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do you have enabled pattern selection turned off? If its on, the track with the reddrum patter will trigger the reddrum AND the reddrum will play the pattern loaded in the bank. So basically your shit is getting played twice which can sometimes effect how it sounds. Try turning the enable pattern selection off and then play.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
No no. It's not that. But when I do turn it on so the patterns play ontop I hear the problem really sharp.. Then the 2 patterns will be out of synch. It's a problem of shuffle. When I put the tracks out the shuffle effect that makes the drums swing is totally screwed up and crazy.