Reason 4 & Logic 8 Rewire Record Lag??

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have Reason 4 and Logic 8 rewired. Everything works except when I hit record on Logics transport it does its 1 bar count in thing but the first not of any midi I recorded into Reason wont record.

For example I create a Dr. Rex in reason and set my loop regions to 4 bars and send loop to track. Next I go into Logic and record enable the Dr Rex track I created and hit record. 1 bar count starts and the first bar doesn't record. Pleas Help lpl

Peace

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You could record a 5 bar loop and just kill that 1st bar out and end up with 4 bars after..

I've tried that and the same thing happens. Is wierd to because on the first beat of the 1 bar count in the first beat of what should be bar one plays then goes off and the count of continues and start to record on beat two.

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dudee i'm getting that same lag. or it was happening to me when I was trying to track out from reason.

I had all my channels from reason being outputted into aux tracks in logic. and then those aux tracks were all sent to different busses, and then those busses to audio tracks. and whenever I pressed record to get them all into logic, the first bar would fuck up.. it wouldn't skip it all together but just miss the first few notes. it's pretty weird.

and btw do you know any better way than what I just said to track beats into logic?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Sounds like a latency issue. Your latency needs to be really small when you rewire. I know we're used to the super speed of computers but you still have to realize that you have two diff't programs communicating with each other. If your overall latency is above 15 to 17 ms that may be your problem. Your buffer size has to be no higher than 256 ( if u can rock 128 go with that ) input latency between 5ms and 8.5, output the same. If you're messing around with a buffer size of 512 there's no way you can get the midi message there on time. Type of sound card and quality of that sound card plays a big factor! If you're rocking your computers internal stock sound card "don't even think about it".

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
come on mannn you know i dont have a stock sound card.. i just told you in the other post i just copped an mbox lol.

yea and my buffers running at 128, i even tried turning it down to 64, but still the same half-a-beat gap. i don't know what it could be really. have you tried doing what i'm trying to do? tracking out a beat to logic without exporting individual tracks from reason?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Re-install Reason and see if it works. If the problem continues you could be dealing with a bug on your computer

Word! Another question....lmao....ARE U ROCKING PIRATED SOFTWARE? If so more than likely you don't have the most updated ones. They've had a couple updates for Reason 4. They've updated Reason 4 a couple times since it first drop'd. Hell Ableton 8 hasn't been out long at all and they're already up to 8.04 due to various bug fixes.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Word! Another question....lmao....ARE U ROCKING PIRATED SOFTWARE? If so more than likely you don't have the most updated ones. They've had a couple updates for Reason 4. They've updated Reason 4 a couple times since it first drop'd. Hell Ableton 8 hasn't been out long at all and they're already up to 8.04 due to various bug fixes.

Yea My ish is all legit. That rewire lag is just the way the two Apps work together. Called Apple and said they will fix this in next Logic Studio Release. Logic Studio 9 is out now and ill cop dat after the first patch is released.

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That rewire lag is just the way the two Apps work together.

I've noticed that if you're using a MIDI bus (external instrument track) to send your MIDI, then there is a few ms of lag.... but I've never heard of a solid one measure of lag.

I'm sure someone's already suggested it to you, but are you sure there is no pre-roll set in Reason or Logic?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've noticed that if you're using a MIDI bus (external instrument track) to send your MIDI, then there is a few ms of lag.... but I've never heard of a solid one measure of lag.

I'm sure someone's already suggested it to you, but are you sure there is no pre-roll set in Reason or Logic?

Here is the fix.. I figured t out after messing around with the setting in Logic 9. I had to use a demo version of screenflow 2.0 to get it in HD I wasnt about to spend $100 lol. Dont mind the watermark lol.

members online