Reason 4.0.1 and mpd32 problems

mars

ill o.g.
Honestly now... is it me, or this damn thing just doesn't want to work?

I have Reason 4.0.1, I go to preferences, I go to keyboard and Control Surfaces, I see the mpd image, it detects fine, but when I select 'find midi imput', nothing happens, no pulse

well anyway, can anyone please help me out

mars

ill o.g.
I owned a mpd24 and I still have my m-audio keyrig49, and those took seconds to install.. I pluged into my usb ports, I choose the in ports and the out ports in the drop down menu

and press find Midi input, and it found it easily when I pressed a key

but for the mpd32 it's not the easy for some odd reason

thanks for the reply, but I think it's more then just selecting arrows

mars

ill o.g.
I try installing the new firmware
at it says "Upgrade 00/ 00 receiving" for hours...

so i turned it off, is it supposed to take this long?

so basically now I have a blank mpd32, that has no functions until I install this new firmware...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
damn, thats why I went wit the 34. The 32 had some bad reviews. But i dont think its the mpd. Reason has some weird settings. I'm also new to reason so dont go by me. I got the 24 workin right on it. Does the 32 have the lcd screen? If so there is a setting for reason. (among others like live, guru etc)

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I try installing the new firmware
at it says "Upgrade 00/ 00 receiving" for hours...

so i turned it off, is it supposed to take this long?

so basically now I have a blank mpd32, that has no functions until I install this new firmware...

That definitely shouldn't happen... you may have a defective piece of hardware on your hands!

ill o.g.
Are you using a Macbook Pro by any chance? When I tried using my MPD32 with Reason for my Macbook Pro, the program detected the midi controller, but there was no pulse. I found out it was because one of the USB ports were not "suitable" (terminology from the Akai rep) for the MPD32, which is the one closer to the Ethernet cable port. In case you have a Macbook Pro, maybe that could be of help..

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont think the hardware is defective. Try going to Akipro.com and follow exactly what trey tell you to do in reference to upgrading the firmware using the most update vyzx editor. Next Install the Reason Remote files in the proper location. At this point go into reason and try to install the mpd.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What exactly is the probs you are having wiz?

hieroglif

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

one of the problems with my mpc not working in reason was firmware and drivers.

also make sure you add it as a control surface and not as a midi controller/keyboard or something.

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i had this problem,took it to my boiz house on his imac and he chose Other Midi Keyboard and the pads started to work but all the knobs and faders didnt,spoke to akai for 2 days and not even they could help so got refund and WILL NEVER buy an akai product again

Im rav3beats by the way...sup people

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
when i had mine i tried that and it found it,everything worked apart from the pads,it was defo working as akai and i tried it on dr somes midi fx or something like this,i forgot name and he checked everything on Vyzex and still nothing worked until it was picked as a midi keyboard instead of a controller in the pref settings but then ONLY the pads worked,ending up sticking with my m audio keys and bought Yamaha HS50s instead

members online