Reason 3.0 is the SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!T

G

giftic

Just got Reason 3.0 and update Mannn this is the Real deal
i used fruityloops for like 4 or 5 yrs and this BLOWS IT AWAY
from my point of view..I already made a HOTTRACK with Reason
also i used Cooledit pro 2.0 in the past
i just recieved Pro tools M powered 6.8 is this better than cooledit?
which would advance me farther? i heard Pro tools is more Standard studio software
Also for a Digital Studio..could i have like one Laptop running Reason and the other
running Pro tools for Recording? would this create a better digital studio
or One laptop doing both? tryna capture good sound when recording "cheap mic"

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
giftic said:
Just got Reason 3.0 and update Mannn this is the Real deal
i used fruityloops for like 4 or 5 yrs and this BLOWS IT AWAY
from my point of view..I already made a HOTTRACK with Reason
also i used Cooledit pro 2.0 in the past
i just recieved Pro tools M powered 6.8 is this better than cooledit?
which would advance me farther? i heard Pro tools is more Standard studio software
Also for a Digital Studio..could i have like one Laptop running Reason and the other
running Pro tools for Recording? would this create a better digital studio
or One laptop doing both? tryna capture good sound when recording "cheap mic"

is pro tools or cool edit better? i think you know the answer to that one. you ever hear jay z say "cool edit is a hell of a drug?" nah.

cool edit as you used it doesn't really exist anymore...the company that made it was bought by Adobe and it's now Adobe Audition 1.5. I mean audition is cool an all, but Pro Tools is still the gold standard. It is a must use peice of software if you plan to know what you're doing once you get to a "real" studio.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If ya got a cheap mic your not gonna capture good sound regardless.....First get a good mic, then learn about microphone placement becuase thats 1/2 of what makes a mic shine, then get a good preamp to run yer mic through to yer sound card, then get a good sound card, and once u got all that shit, then choose the appropriate software, and the SW honestly isnt gonna change yer sound - thats a misconception, its how u use it and how u get that input signal into your recording device.

G

giftic

update

Well, i tested the Sound (already hada pretty good soundcard) but i will be buying a
better Mic shortly..even tho the sound is like 60% clearer (without distortion)
but that could be because
of the New recording Method and soundcard i'm using (i guess?)
and did i mention this is a decent forum? thanks for the feedback

I wasnt the Illest Producer with fruityloops..it gave me a feel that was more Techno
thru the Years i learned my ways of creating a more vibein sound from it.
Some people said Reason was a more "Experienced and Harder"
im'a be Honest when i 1st tested it out..i was like HUH? but once i played with it
all the Times i been in the Studio..came back 2 me..and its TYTE AS HELL
my beats is 50xtimes better than before..but maybe its because i was more use to the studio stuff..not saying anybody can Pick it up and learn it
im still learning it..but my learning crave for it is Hungry because its advanced and
emulation of some of the best hardware created for the EARS

B

Burna

I'll deffiantly have ta agree, im actually thinkin of going back and learning/producing with Reason again.

G

giftic

Lol..well until i get the Hardware of my Dreams.... I will forever be a REASON head with Software

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Blah Blah its all the Same I use Reason 3.0 I use 2 Fuck wit Fruity Loops like 4 yrs ago and hated the sound and didint no how 2 use effects or nothing, and I just felt more comfortable with Reason's setup and layout

So Basically I replaced F.L with Reason cuz I was a newb and didint no that I should of got some Good Drums/ Samples, some nice VST's, some Good Solid Effects (the WavesBundle start there), and a good Soft Sampler VSt also like Kontakt

I could basically do the same thing in F.L as I do in Reason you just gotta stick with one and master it the only thing is off the Jump Reason Seems more powerful but with F.L you just gotta spend a lil more $$ 2 get that good sound Imo

G

giftic

ok?

I used FL since it started lol.. this aint about which one is BETTER ..its which one works in
the favor for the "USER" desires or STANDARDS...or maybe in some people favor (or your case)
its the BUDGET of cost? use what u can or what your better working with... this wasnt a STATEMENT about
Reason is Super uber over FL..it was me saying i think the Program is a work of Art in what its used for
..nuff said

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
I just opend up reason again and yea, fl 5 is subpar compared to reason im upgradin to 3.0. I made a song rite away in 2.5, i think its my first one...cept for the one i made long time ago when i was really bad. No rhythm on the keys for shit.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i just copped it.

FIRE

i been usin 2.5 for the longest. this shits on it