Realistic samples

J

justadog

Hi all, again :)
I use alot sampletank and hypersonic but unfortunatly i just can't make this sounds sound realistic anouth. For example i take a 70's soul song and try to replay a guitar melody but with sampletank/hypersonic samples. I alway come up with a different sounding instrument even when I choose the same instrument, it sound's so plastic and un realistic!
What can I do?
Do I missing something?
Is there another, more realistic sound modules out there ?

J

justadog

Can someone give me some tips how to emulate real instruments with this patches?
Btw I not interested only un guitar sound, I speak in general about all live instruments.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
justadog said:
Can someone give me some tips how to emulate real instruments with this patches?
Btw I not interested only un guitar sound, I speak in general about all live instruments.

^ Study the Instrument Players, Learn the Features in your applications what there for what u can use them for and go from there..

Try Approaching the insturment like the Muscians does Rather than how you would as a regular piano Player

Study man use your ears there your best tool .. Take your time listen and do

Phiba Optix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For guitars your best bet is to get Virtual Guitarist, I've never heard one person put this down, its supposed to be the best VST for emulating guitars.

As for most other instruments, try getting Edirol Orchestral, I dont even compose and I have this shit, its the most quality VST you'll ever find for most instruments, it has Violins, Violas, Trumpets, Trombones and a sick Grand Piano.

Hope that helps,

Peace

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the sounds u hear on a 70's record is not just the instrument sound ur hearing the mic the instrument was recorded on ur heaing the ambience of studio it was recorded in ur heaing the pre-amp, mixing console and tape sound all combined to give a certain tonal quality.

so if u choose a preset sound from some software/hardware u will need to do some additional processing to get things to sound similar.

J

justadog

OK This things I already understood.
Can someone be more practic? I mean give some actual tips, like what effects or eq settings to add.
btw, thx for all for you'r replys, it is very helpful.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^^ depends n the instruments and how your trying to get the instrument the sound... this why its good to understand how to use your EQ your Crossfading. Sampler Features etc so when u hear something you know what to do to emulate it its not a 1 Setting thing it all depends on the instruments and how your trying to ge them to sound

And if you know all this then you shouldn'y even be asking how to get the sounds realistic

members online