RE: Output Co-Producer

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
The cat is really out off the bag now. Anyone else have thoughts about this new AI technology for Prompts to Beat Packs?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is what I was saying a few months ago about how sampling is going to be even crazier, especially with laws. It's such a grey area already but to make your own pack then sample it, that's really dope.

Digging will always be #1 but this opens up tons of possibilities. Just think about when you want to get a female vocal snippet or a horn, guitar, etc now you can just have it dropped at your door like an Amazon package. :cool:

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Yes, indeed! It definitely opens a flood of possibilities and saves a lot of time. I know one can get specific with the prompts but it takes several times to get something that I like because of the randomness aspect of what it produces. I am also wondering when some company will come up with AI tech to allow you to upload your own beat and then it spits out a track with AI lyrics that actually sound realistic. Now that would be dope. Maybe even increase the demand for more producers...just a thought.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, indeed! It definitely opens a flood of possibilities and saves a lot of time. I know one can get specific with the prompts but it takes several times to get something that I like because of the randomness aspect of what it produces. I am also wondering when some company will come up with AI tech to allow you to your own beat and then it spits out a track with AI lyrics that actually sound realistic. Now that would be dope. Maybe even increase the demand for more producers...just a thought.
That would be crazy. No more rappers! LOL.

The cool thing with AI is someone can take what Output is doing, for example, and build upon it. Tons of shit can be done.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
That would be crazy. No more rappers! LOL.

The cool thing with AI is someone can take what Output is doing, for example, and build upon it. Tons of shit can be done.
Yeah, it is definitely a wild time we live in.

Messed about with this in my phone couple days ago. Went for a ‘creepy child choir’ as @Fury Beats said it took a few attempts to find what I liked but it did the job.
Interesting times.

My first response was negative thinking it would impact on us as producers somehow but then realised it’s just another tool and creating new fresh stuff too. Gotta move with the times.

To add to that though, we are now going to be bombarded by a.i created beats and will never know who’s actually sat down and created or not. Sadly I think those days are going to disappear now and it will be a new kind of creator / producer who like a conductor, instructs.

Like a film / movie producer who asks the actor to perform a certain way with their vision, music and a.i will be the same.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
I've also discovered that although if you preview and it doesn't sound good played with all of the sounds, you can usually find isolated sounds in the same pack that don't sound too bad with some manipulation.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I think the core samples aren't AI generated... So it finds samples based on input and combines them. It starts to get really interesting if it also generates melodies and more advanced chord progressions...

Still, free samples are always welcome...

Made something with it this morning. I used a piano sample and a drumloop from the site, added my own bass and some drums: