Raw drum breaks

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Iam trying to sample rap oriented drum breaks. Can anyone tell me of any good sampling cd's that they have used for this? Any websites. I will be willing to pay up to one hundred dollars if the cd is worth it. Let me know what you guys know and what yall use. Thanks

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not sure if this is what your looking for but the "Ultimate Breaks and Beats" series has all the great breaks used through out hip-hop

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
for 100? u would be better off buying a turntable adn copping some vinyl..love the static laced drums with pops and warps

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have a turntable. I use an asr-x and want to sample just raw beats with nothing else over them. Just snare bass and a hats. The break beats series are good but I need something raw like sushi. you smell me? thanks fellas

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont think sample cds will give you that raw like sushi sound. i would start diggin if i was you.

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have been diggin too. Everytime I find a good snare sample I want there is always another sound on top of that which I dont want in the mix. what do you look for when you dig?

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Phonetik said:
I have been diggin too. Everytime I find a good snare sample I want there is always another sound on top of that which I dont want in the mix. what do you look for when you dig?

then ur not digging, there are plenty of single hits but you gotta take the time out to search and build up a library. i make a point to update my drums, usually before i even listen to a record for the melody samples.