R.i.p. Mca

• beat this! voting starts in...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
Wow. Just saw him on T.V. 2 weeks ago. My prayers are with his family.
On another note, this is only May and we have already lost so many icons.
MCA,Whitney,Don Cornelius, JR Seau, Bert Sugar,Joe Paterno, Dick Clark, Mike Wallace,Davy Jones, Robert Hegyes (Juan Epstein from Welcome Back Kotter, Etta James.

Damn. It's only May.

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
When its time to move on its time to move on, I feel bad for his friends & family but I'm sure he's in a better place than this old rock.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
rip. im feeling much older

See thts what I said.. Man those guys made me feel like "What, wait white people can do this??? Sheeit Im on !" lol

Then, of course, I contribute much of my beginner sinning to them, the more wild I saw them going all rock star the more I wanted to be that way.. You know , Rhymin and Stealin..

So in a way they helped fuck me up for life too! lol

But on the real there was always the whole Im immortal thing that we all have as youth that lasts until people you know at your age die or in this case a star your age or close your age passes this way..
I was always shocked everytime I saw them and they were getting grayer and greyer. So yeah . Old.

People may not realize but these dudes although incredibly proficient at sampling played theyre own instruments as well.
And are pretty damn good at it..

Has anyone seen anything from Mike D or Adrock out there yet?
I KNOW they are devestated, but they have known of Yauchs condition intimately for some time.

I always wanted to be that 4th Beastie Boy back in the day.. lol
Their DJ that came in after Hurricane is the SHIT and a perfect fit for them..

Damn.. Maan, these guys make tht TRUE original no holds barred REAL hiphop sound , really one of the last of their kind in todays climate .
You cant front on that!

I never got to see them live and that makes me saddest of all.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Hip hop lost a pioneer...

Sad when I heard the news...he was battling cancer for a long time.... No sleep til brooklyn..... Guess it's Brooklyn...

members online