Quote "Too much sampling...not much creativity. "

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
sum1 said dis on da beatthis of forum. So sampling meant there is LESS creativity? Well dis disturbs me cuz when i get a sample it can take me a long time to chop n flip it 2 wat i want it 2 sound like. i always end up creatin a new melody 2 da original sample. i believe many otha beat makers 2 do da same, but jus cuz dey sample dont mean they r less original dan some1 who uses thier synthesizer n a keyboard.
If i could play all da instruments in da world, there would b no need 4 me 2 sample, but i cant.
personally i think real instruments can b repeatedly used 2 make hits whereas polyphonic sounds cant.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
i think you took that outta context -- just because you sample does not make you less creative -- he was merely saying that there was more sampling in the tracks than playing by hand -- which in most club songs today in the u.s. -- there is not a lot of sampling going on -- i don't know where you're from, but just keep doing you -- if you sample -- fine!!! -- just keep it moving

S

Skaet

I play some samples with keybord but i think some samples are better then self made.
PEace.
Skät

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
I can dig what Million is sayin....most club track are mostly mainstream hip-hop and are mainly made without sample except a few. but still not cuz its sampled that it cant be be a uptempo party beat .... just different from anything else you hear on the radio.
Anywyas good tourney
Keep Diggin
Holla

T

ThE cRicKet

Yeah sampling is definitely an art of its own my personal opinion is that it is hard to chop and forms music from it..believe me Ive heard some crap..but the melodic creativety is already done..now dont get me twisted I know a person can do chord changes and all but the basic structure is there. now opening a one hit synth sound and hearing the possibilities that ly around that sound is amazing and there are unlimited where as when I hear a sample you can cut and splice and whatever but the melodic basics are there to stay...let it be known though that I luv me some sample beats just dont make em

CamCreationz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thats interesting Wattz21XX...
Ive always liked hearing the original songs of the samples that are out there....tight werk.

Personally I think that just because you sample a song doesnt mean you have no creativity. However I think that a producer should be able to flip the coin and come up with somethin totally original...diversity is the key.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
yo cam - if you like that type of shit, there's a site that has the original songs of a bunch of hiphop songs...its so cool...ill find the link and send it to you...

oh snap - i didnt even realize it was the same page as posted above, nevermind...ha

C

Copenhagen

Thanks Wattz21XX, there was a few songs there that I was missing...

members online