quick poll for the Illmuzik massive

Do you enjoy reading about politics/religion on a hip hop website?

• Yes, I do Muthafucka!

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • No, I don't Muthafucka!

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Do you guys enjoy reading about religion/politics on a hip hop production site?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
personally, i thinjk if people can be civil about it, their is no problem.

its good to know where people stand on certain things. its also good- now children- to learn how to respect the way others think (unless its pure ignorance which...nobody has patience for)....

but... thats the lounge man. "discuss ANYTHING NOT RELATED TO HIP HOP PRODUCTION" which means........ anything, and thats what the section is for.,.

had a bad day? lounge. sports? lounge. job suck? lounge. political issues? lounge. debates? lounge.

by and large, i think the problem is the way people choose to go about it more so then the subject itself that makes it difficult.

T

The Bastard

theres not one hip hop album that doesnt at least touch on the subject of politics or religion, and thats for a reason, its part of life, so why not have it here .

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
LOL, it's funny, everyone who enjoys it voices it in the thread, however, everyone against it remains anonymous....

interesting....

Me, I enjoy hearing about religion/politics, I just personally know that it usually goes no where.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
^^^^ have to agree with that.

thing is, if people do not enjoy it, or can not do it and keep their cool, ethn why do it?

hoenstly, i feel that these are two very important subjects.

by the way, yuor title is hilarious hoppa.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I like talking about that stuff...until peoples' feelings start to get hurt, then I feel bad.

Ctrl

T

The Bastard

M!nd_Ctrl said:
I like talking about that stuff...until peoples' feelings start to get hurt, then I feel bad.

Ctrl
theres no crying in baseball

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
theres not one hip hop album that doesnt at least touch on the subject of politics or religion, and thats for a reason, its part of life, so why not have it here .

I agree with Bastard...But we have 2 do it in a civic way, respecting other people views. Hip Hop is also about knowledge.
There's nothing bad talking about politics or religion, it helps 2 understand the world we're livin' in.

Lo'Nye

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
i totally love hearing about people's opinions. and honestly, as much as it sucks to have these conflicts, it's that conflict that keeps illmuzik the bustling metropolis that it is! without it, the forums would become dead. if there wasn't any controversy on here, there would be no point checking the new posts!

E

Equality 7-2521

um whether its on a hiphop site or not is irrelevant to me. religion and politics is religion and polotics. i try to inform myself despite the fact that it all seems to be one big wank alot of the time.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I already find it hard to find interesting threads, so if it's promotes thought and not verses I'm all for it. Good luck on finding one. I think Coldtruth is probably the only one that has made a genuine attempt in the past that held any interest.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
i totally love hearing about people's opinions. and honestly, as much as it sucks to have these conflicts, it's that conflict that keeps illmuzik the bustling metropolis that it is! without it, the forums would become dead. if there wasn't any controversy on here, there would be no point checking the new posts!

Word! It would suck if we always agreed. I like seeing the dialogue that is created here.

Kevin A said:
I already find it hard to find interesting threads, so if it's promotes thought and not verses I'm all for it. Good luck on finding one. I think Coldtruth is probably the only one that has made a genuine attempt in the past that held any interest.

Huh?

BASTARD said:
theres no crying in baseball

Son, "Raise off these N-U-Ts 'cause you get none of these..."

Ctrl

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Any Opinion that is Educated is knowledge and I dont mind learning new things wether it be hear or well im lookin at the ceiling well im on the crapper

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
I agree with Class. This being a tight community, we should be able to voice our opinions regardless of the subject matter. Yeah at times the threads might get a bit heated, but that is part of being a community as well.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I like to talk about religion... as for politics... I'm not really fond of it, cuz I dont know about it, and especially US politics.

My only problem is that, when people start to talk about politics, there is always someone who takes it just too personnal and start to react like we called their mom a b**ch... If it wasnt for that, I guess I'd like it...

And I know that it's prone to happen in a forum...

Pharaoh Lite

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I like discussions on politics and religion. Its good they are discussed on illmuzik, it gives everyone a chance to voice an opinion, we learn a lot about one another.

No discussion on politics gets as uncontrollable as religion tho. People may think they can control themselves but things very soon turn sour. The beginning of any religious convo is always la-la happy, everyone starts out cautious, but it ALWAYS turns ugly.

It always seems to get the better of the religious people tho, like they get offended easier, because they have something they believe strongly in. The non-believers will be less offended tho because there is nothing to get offended about, there is no "Superman in the sky" for us, and we're cool with that, we over come obstacles in life with belief in ourselves and ourselves only because.... what else is there?! <<< By the way, don't answer that question, its meant to be rhetorical.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online