question about pt-01

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey whats up i got a numark pt-01 and whenever im peepin a record ill always needle drop and shit and i saw this beatmakin vid where this guy like moved hte record with his hand like scratched it to look for the sample whne loading it into his mpc, now i looked at the specs on the numark site and ill i could see about it concerning that was "
_ High Quality Felt Slipmat allows for scratching" now i dont know a ton about turntables but i thought if you did something like that with a belt-driven turntable it fucks up the motor or something, and the pt-01 is belt driven, so will it fuck up the turntable if i like move thru the record with my hand like the dude on the vid i saw did?
sorry if this is a dumb question but now im curious and i dont wanna fuck my turntable up

T

The Bastard

FistFulloDollaz said:
if your gonna be doing scratching and searching through u need a direct drive turntable
thats not true i nthe least, i know a couple people that can scratch nasty even on a belt driven, but the pt 01 doesnt look liek sumthin u wanan scratch on,seems more like an alternative turntable for people to prievew records on the fly from

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
S L I P mat

trebeatz said:
now i looked at the specs on the numark site and ill i could see about it concerning that was "
_ High Quality Felt Slipmat allows for scratching"

The motor keeps turning forward, the record is able to be manipulated back and forth because of the SLIPmat. If you stop the record with your hand, the motor/platter will still be turning.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh okay tight, so i can stop the record with my hand and search like that and it wont fuck up the belt?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i assume as long as u dont press hard enough to turn the mat with the record cuz that would force the motor to go in an opposite direction

T

The Bastard

trebeatz said:
oh okay tight, so i can stop the record with my hand and search like that and it wont fuck up the belt?
not at all,ive had the same turntabl for over 6 years wit thesame belt and the table still spinds on point .and if u do fuck up the belt, they cost 5 dollars on needledoctor.com, thats convential turntable belts tho, im not sure if they sell them for the pt 01

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The Bastard said:
thats not true i nthe least, i know a couple people that can scratch nasty even on a belt driven, but the pt 01 doesnt look liek sumthin u wanan scratch on,seems more like an alternative turntable for people to prievew records on the fly from

Yes u can scratch on a belt driven, I never said u couldnt its just not optimal if you want to be on that next level

direct drive tables are better because the recovery time and torque is a lot faster and stronger when u release the record

that extra torque makes a hellava difference when doing technical tricks that u want to sound right and precise

I aint got nothing against belt driven everybody was sneaking and using their parents joint before being able to afford direct drives like Tech 1200s

members online