Question about Piano Roll

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
hi

how do i make a single note on the piano roll fade out in velocity , for example , i have 4 notes in the 2 bars , and the final note holds for 4 beats , but i want this to slowly fade out

thanks

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
in the tool bar in the piano roll there is a fade button... when you drop it in you will get a dot thing on your not to show its fading. Another option if you cant find the toolbar, clone the channel you are using, copy and paste the note in the other channel, then click on INS and check off the time button. After that pull in the attack (so it doesn't fade in) but expand the tail (so it fades out).

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
in the tool bar in the piano roll there is a fade button... when you drop it in you will get a dot thing on your not to show its fading. Another option if you cant find the toolbar, clone the channel you are using, copy and paste the note in the other channel, then click on INS and check off the time button. After that pull in the attack (so it doesn't fade in) but expand the tail (so it fades out).

That a slide .Not a fade.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
well at the minute ive just sliced teh last note and then obv lowered the volume of each slice till it fades off , it gave it an unexpected cool effect lol,

i presume thers no other way of dong this then?

O

open mind

automation of the volume in the playlist or in the pianoroll u got the choice.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i suppose it depends on the version of fl you have but take it back to 6 i would pre set the fades i wanted in the sample properties within the ins options and once i have the proper sound set i would clone the channel (sound) and reset the release as needed or how ever intricut you wanted to get. after thyat multi piano roll through different samples on the same number step secquencer. thats one way though as there are an assortment of different ways to do it.

richwny15

ill o.g.
u can also edit the master volume and drag each volume dot until it gets lower n lower n fades out. i;ve done this b4 n it worked 4 me so its worth a try

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
automation of the volume in the playlist or in the pianoroll u got the choice.

I agree with Open Mind on this... this way gives you more detailed control...
On the piano roll, change the note properties (showing note velocity by default) to channel volume... automate the fade out as desired...
Also, in FL 7, the note release is available in the note properties of the piano roll as well so you can do further tweaking...
One thing to keep in mind if you do the channel volume automation on a pattern and the end of the automation leaves the volume all the way down, and then use the same channel on a different pattern further down the play list, make sure to bring the volume back to normal or whatever level you want... or you won't hear it cuz the volume will be all the way down from the last automation (fade-out) you did...

Peace...

members online