question about my new MPC 2000 XL

Season

ill o.g.
Just got my new MPC earlier this week and I'm just beginning to learn how to use it. I'm starting from scratch. I'm trying to download the manual (didn't get one) but my computer is not helping me out so far. Anyway, I'm trying to learn how to make a basic loop. Here are my question:
1-is it easiest to just go with a 2 bar loop?
2-how do I get the "counter" to be heard? I turn it on but when I try to record I can't hear anything. It's pretty tough with out it. Otherwise I have tried to record a simple bass drum pattern and when I play it back it is fast as hell. I know it has something to do eith the "bar-beat-tick" thing, but I'm not sure. Anyway, this is my biggest question. I think if I can get that thing going I'll be able to figure it out, but without any sort of count for me I'm totally off with the tempo and all that. Please help me out. I know I need to get the manual, but I won't be able to download it until tues. and I don't want to sit here until then.

thanx a ton!
Season

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
sup -- on the main screen, highlight count and open the window -- there should be an option that says "in rec" -- turn this option to "yes" and it should sound off when you record

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Season--Don't worry the information here is right and the 2000xl is the easiest machine to learn ho to use and I think it's the best and easiest sequencer out with the tap note repeat button if you on a constant 1/8 hi hat just hold that button with whatever pad you have the hi hat in and you don't have to worry about the metronome but it still helps to have it the mpc 2000xl is a great machine.....I just wonder how much better the 4000 is?