Question about hardware.

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm thinkin' of finally making my move into hardware. I need to know how to setup my stuff.

I know I need a board that's a synth and also a sequencer. I know i need a digital recorder. Now, how does all of this connect to eachother? Can someone help me out. Can I just use a synth/sequencer and a digital recorder, or do I need an interface to make everything work together?

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
You can create and sequence on a synth workstation and track out to a multitracker directly, no interface required. How well it all suits your needs depends on what gear you're thinking about getting.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
PablotheApostle said:
Trife is it hard to get your sounds from your proteus x into your mpc 1000 and do you us a daw with your setup.

this has been discussed many times, anyway check the video it should give u a start
make sure u use search casue their is alot of info on the site
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jason12/classic_lab_1.WMV

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Well u could get u an MPC and a sound module or keyboard and use your computer as your DAW or get a track recorder.

My Setup
Roland VS-1680-415(saleing if interested get at me)
MPC 2k-$495
PK-6-$285

Total:$1186

T

The Bastard

damird said:
I'm thinkin' of finally making my move into hardware. I need to know how to setup my stuff.

I know I need a board that's a synth and also a sequencer. I know i need a digital recorder. Now, how does all of this connect to eachother? Can someone help me out. Can I just use a synth/sequencer and a digital recorder, or do I need an interface to make everything work together?
u dont necceserily need a digital recorder, u can use the same computer that u use to log onto illmuzik.com to record yur shyt, only way id consider gettin a digital recorder is if i was movin around a lot and couldnt bring the pc wit me

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
co-sign to what bastard said.

If your computer isn't at least at decent quality (512MB of DDR RAM, at least a 40GB 7200rpm harddrive and decent motherboard) than it might not be a great idea for you to record to your computer. You still can, easily actually, but if you get into using effects and saving lots of music files on your pc than you'll bog it down considerably. It may be more cost effective to upgrade your computer into a good working DAW instead of forking out the dough to buy a decent digital recorder.

members online