putting bass on ur beats ?

V

v12

i wanna put bass on my beats like alot of producers use it its a important part of beats ...... not a kic or nothing like actually bass like boo bass in FL and the bass on the sytrus but something better heatmakers used it alot in that track r u ready im ready r u ready that shit i need bass like that well yea i want it for free .....so ne clues holla @ me aim = v12bm14 yahoo = ts14bm

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... find some better bass samples... or tweak your own... Bass sounds are relatively easy to tweak...

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A thick bass sound you hear in a track is usually many bass sounds, or at least the same sound duplicated on many tracks which is what makes it sound thick. Try this:

Find a really low sounding bass, sits real low on the EQ scale with little high end. Take the sound and cut the hi EQ and boost the lows. Now find a bass with more mids and highs to it. You can even use the same sample as before but boost the mids and highs and cut the bass a little. Duplicate both tracks like 5 times each, so you have 10 track total. Play a line with that and it should sound nice and thick.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Good tips Shwaz, i'mma try it out.

Nice question v12, i always had trouble tweaking my bass.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Honesty said:
... find some better bass samples... or tweak your own... Bass sounds are relatively easy to tweak...

Um...how?? You're talking about tweaking those corny-sounding bass that Fruity gives you???

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh one more thing, try panning your bass tracks. Have them range from left to right. This will give you a wider sound.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
eKim(one)baBY said:
the bass ant the kick drum should allways stay in the middle .... or @ least that's what i know ...

In art, there's no such thing as "should always stay". Beat making is an art like anything else, there's no rules, as long as the final product is nice.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Shwaz said:
A thick bass sound you hear in a track is usually many bass sounds, or at least the same sound duplicated on many tracks which is what makes it sound thick. Try this:

Find a really low sounding bass, sits real low on the EQ scale with little high end. Take the sound and cut the hi EQ and boost the lows. Now find a bass with more mids and highs to it. You can even use the same sample as before but boost the mids and highs and cut the bass a little. Duplicate both tracks like 5 times each, so you have 10 track total. Play a line with that and it should sound nice and thick.

Yes do this to thicken up all your sounds. Layer the same sound changing the way you eq' them just slightly to give thicker sounds