PSA. if you werent invited, dont ask me to bring you back something

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ok well its my last week and all,so my company told me i can go to arestaraunt of my choice and invite whoever i wanted. so i did...
i invited 8 people, one of which was my sister. all but one of the others i have known my entire three years here and have developed particular bondss with each one. i wasnt trying to invite the whole agency.

so, i chose applebee's. half way through the meal, a co worker calls me up and asks me if i can bring her back a lunch. i was like... "um, yeah, i suppose i could do that..." then she got all uppity..."what do YOU MEAN, YOU SUPPOSE????" so not wanting to get more irritated i just took the order and hung up, but i sure as hell wasnt going to do it....

not to sound selfish.. no, screw it... the day was about me. my company chose to say thank you in that way, and it was about me.... i brought the people i was close to and had actual relationships with. SORRY..

anyhow everyone at the table was awestruck... this lady reached new levels of audacity. what the hell? this was my day. YOU were NOT invited, if i wanted you here, you would be here. i aint your free lunch, lady. it wasnt like she flet left out, she wasnt sayin she wanted to come, she just wanted some free food.. i seriously contemplated bringing her a box containing my half eaten garlic toast, half eaten salad, licked tomatoes, and my riblet bones... but im a nice guy who was having a good day, so i didnt.

if you werent invited, what the HELL makes you think i want to be your delivery boy for MY going away meal? i shuld have eaten my dessert right in front of her.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Cold Truth said:
i shuld have eaten my dessert right in front of her.

what? you didn't? man, you should have. that would have been a Kodak moment...

Did she ever talk to you before that? Maybe she thought you were closer than that to her... or maybe she's just cheap...

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This brings back a lot of memory of working in at an office. I took a $15,000 dollar pay cut to accept my current job, because the place was literally driving me crazy. It wasn't the work, that was actually fun. it was dealing with the people.

I went from being a National Accounts Manager overseeing the security needs of 150 of the Fortune 500 companies to cleaning up vomit for elementary kids (in the middle of my lunch :)

the peace of mind I have is priceless! Plus once I get my SP-404 I'll be able to load it up with batteries and lock myself in my office with headphones and make beats. I love my job.

I would have brought back two lunches and hand 'em out to the people around her.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Mandamyth: one of the best jobs i've ever had was a sub-janitor for a schoolsystem. Most of the time i cleant was at night by myself and i could do whatever (i.e. smoke) as long as i had the work done by morning. In that one song in the showcase, i made a reference to America taking the world into pseudo-armageddon cause of money and greed. Certain jobs are worth no amount of money, since we have our craft we can see past that and not be taken advantage of by the system. I feel that most people do not have hope and so they fall victims to the system. But when someone writes books, paints, or makes music [+hella other shit] they get hope and can react accordingly against their own invisible prison. course invisible prison is credit debt and bullshit like that to keep people checked and feeding the machine.
edit
like you said.. peace of mind is priceless

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
Mandamyth: one of the best jobs i've ever had was a sub-janitor for a schoolsystem. Most of the time i cleant was at night by myself and i could do whatever (i.e. smoke) as long as i had the work done by morning. In that one song in the showcase, i made a reference to America taking the world into pseudo-armageddon cause of money and greed. Certain jobs are worth no amount of money, since we have our craft we can see past that and not be taken advantage of by the system. I feel that most people do not have hope and so they fall victims to the system. But when someone writes books, paints, or makes music [+hella other shit] they get hope and can react accordingly against their own invisible prison. course invisible prison is credit debt and bullshit like that to keep people checked and feeding the machine.
edit
like you said.. peace of mind is priceless
I liked ManDAmyth's idea of handing lunches out to people around her lol. But that woulda pissed me off too.

I couldn't be a janitor a kid would throw up in front of me and I'd look at em like "aren't you gonna do something about that?"

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love being a janitor. I work at for an uppity school district and I get a lot of free shit from them. I work at an elementary school and use the copier to print out flyers, I use the gym/auditorium to rehearse shows. it's crazy.

I also work at a high school it takes me 30 minutes to clean my area then I can go home unless someone important is showing up that night.

I got 2 Technic 1200 tunrtables that were going to to be tossed just because of broken needles.

I got my copy of soundforge from them. I found literally mega boxes of forgotten records in mint condition. I got a huge library of sound effects from the drama club. Plus I clean the band room, which has shelves of dope keyboards. Drums and all types of stuff I can sample.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Dude. I would have ordered the NASTIEST think i could think of from a Vietnamese food joint (or some other ethnic food we are definately NOT accustomed to) , TOOK A BIG OL BITE out of it, and gave her that.

But of course, that would have been rude and uncouth. So, instead let me photoshop a picture of her face so you can make a dartboard out of it

:)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
So wait, where did you work before Truth?.....And so after you quit or whatever happened, you were offered a free lunch at a place like applebees from the company?......Sorry, im outa tha loop these days what with school in work in full effect again. lol