ProTools M Powered

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have the mobilepre and i was thinkin about gettin protools its only$250 cheaper than cubase and sonar..im gettin a mpc in a few months and i dont have any of the above mentioned my question is should i get protools to track my beats or just save more money and get either cubase or sonar.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have the mobilepre and i was thinkin about gettin protools its only$250 cheaper than cubase and sonar..im gettin a mpc in a few months and i dont have any of the above mentioned my question is should i get protools to track my beats or just save more money and get either cubase or sonar.

might as well get ProTools. You'll be compatible with the rest of the industry. Cubase and Sonar are superior to it, but when you sell a beat to a major label artists, they're gonna ask you for the ProTools session.

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah ur right itll save me money in the long run i just didnt want to get sumthin cuz everyone else got it......thanx

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"Cubase and Sonar are superior to it"

I hate when people say those sorts of things about any software. Its simply not true. For multitrack recording and editing Pro tools blows both of them away. For Midi editing and sequencing Cubase and Sonar are better. What software are you most familiar with? What will make you the most productive? For $250 m-power is a nice opition. I would also suggest Mackies Tracktion software. $150 bucks and it rocks!

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"Cubase and Sonar are superior to it"

I hate when people say those sorts of things about any software. Its simply not true. For multitrack recording and editing Pro tools blows both of them away. For Midi editing and sequencing Cubase and Sonar are better. What software are you most familiar with? What will make you the most productive? For $250 m-power is a nice opition. I would also suggest Mackies Tracktion software. $150 bucks and it rocks!

For anything having to do with Rewire, virtual synths and fx, Cubase, then Sonar are lightyears away from ProTools. For multitrack audio, all three are about the same, to be honest. For audio/video sync, ProTools if better. As an all around package, Cubase and Sonar, hands down.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
"For multitrack audio, all three are about the same"

Um no, I hate pro tools with a passion. But if you are recording a rock band (24+ tracks at once) doing studio overdubs and so on then pro tools will beat sonar/cubase hands down. But I agree virutal synths rewire and so on is a bit better in cubse/sonar. Rewire support in PT7 is very good however. For Video to picture I use Nuendo/Logic.

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"For multitrack audio, all three are about the same"

Um no, I hate pro tools with a passion. But if you are recording a rock band (24+ tracks at once) doing studio overdubs and so on then pro tools will beat sonar/cubase hands down.

But that's only possible with a minimum of an HD1 setup and 2 96 i/o's. With Cubase/Sonar, you need the app and a single MOTU 24i/o or any of a number of other interfaces. And doing overdubs and whatnot is not much better in PT.

But I agree virutal synths rewire and so on is a bit better in cubse/sonar. Rewire support in PT7 is very good however. For Video to picture I use Nuendo/Logic.

I can't speak on Rewire suport in PTLE 7 'cause I have 6.8 and it's pretty crappy there.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
"6.8 and it's pretty crappy there"

No doubt there.

"But that's only possible with a minimum of an HD1 setup and 2 96 i/o's."

Yes I agree this is one of the reasons I hate pro tools. Silly limitations. I think the actual PT software is better for multitracking and overdubs. Sonar is really getting close. Cubase is cool but it has a few things that just drive me nuts.