Program to cut tracks from LP's like Recycle to samples

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I am looking for a program like Recycle which I can use to record both sides of an album and then place markers at the end of each track and export the cuts. I have looked at Auditions options and could not find a way to do this.. does anyone know how to do this with Audition or know of another program which would be helpful for my task?

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If nothing else works u can always use sound forge ..... just record whole side of album then high light each track then drag and drop out of current wave to create new wav then save as what u like .... I know sound forge uses markers but im not sure if u can save multi files from 1 recording ......

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I do it the tedious way and cut up each track individually in cooledit pro. That way I get the cleanest transitions. Daunting task, but it works... recorded well over 30 lps and hundreds of 45's this way :)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Excellent Help Everyone!! Mucho Appreciationo!!
Maybe someday we could share our recorded LP's :).. i'm leavin right now for an estate sell but I heard they have mostly classical so i'm not too hyped about this one....

lp's... actually cassettes would be a better deal, I have old ny mixtapes from the early 90's dubbed from the radio.. it's the illness that got me hooked in the first place!

EDIT: Pug: Cool Edit is what I have been using aswell. It's really not that bad and I can normalize and custom each track easily, but if I could use a recycle type situation it was be ill.. maybe i can find a demo of soundforge laying in some corner of the net, though I was hoping Audition could do it.

-Chrono

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lika fade said cakewalk pyro. i use it my self. it can do exactl what the op has asked. leave it recording the file . then drop markers on the time line. then u can export each region as it own file. 1,2,3, simple. or you can burn it as a cd with the click of a button no need to export or anything and the markers seperate it as cd tracks.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I am looking for a program like Recycle which I can use to record both sides of an album and then place markers at the end of each track and export the cuts. I have looked at Auditions options and could not find a way to do this.. does anyone know how to do this with Audition or know of another program which would be helpful for my task?

Put all the songs from the album on soundforge and put into recycle to make ur cuts

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
lika fade said cakewalk pyro. i use it my self. it can do exactl what the op has asked. leave it recording the file . then drop markers on the time line. then u can export each region as it own file. 1,2,3, simple. or you can burn it as a cd with the click of a button no need to export or anything and the markers seperate it as cd tracks.

excellent, I looked at but wasn't sure if it would do exactly what you explained. Thanks

Put all the songs from the album on soundforge and put into recycle to make ur cuts

Recycle has a limit of 5-6 minutes of wav

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
excellent, I looked at but wasn't sure if it would do exactly what you explained. Thanks

Recycle has a limit of 5-6 minutes of wav

so depending on how many tracks u puttin cuts on ..just save em under a few Rex files

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
so depending on how many tracks u puttin cuts on ..just save em under a few Rex files

the idea was to record an entire album and then quickly cut the album into separate tracks rather than one track into smaller cuts. I'm doing this because I am putting my albums on walkman to listen to and get more familiar with my music. Previously I have been recording the entire thing in audition and then manually cut, paste, normalize, save.. which I am trying to simplfy

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
first of all im not to sure that recyle can record!!! thats new to me!! let me find out that dat bitch records!!!!! woooo it will be on!!! hahaha!
but fam go get soundforge 8.0
u can record the whole track rite into into it!! then just add the inserts!! then go and extract them its really easier than u think
i think u making more work out of nothing!! honestly if u use audition, acid, cake walk ,p-tolls u will be able to do this!!! work smarter not hardier!!!!
oh and just incase dont take it personal!!! and no im not mad!!!lol
so what ever program u are gonna use just make sure u know the ins and outs of the program so the work flow is easier for you!!! other than that email me dat shit and ill have it back to u in 20 minutes!!!hahaha styaup fam and good luck!!