Production on Kanyes and Fifftys New Albums.

O

open mind

official legal snippets of both entire albums.offical tracklist no mixtape bullshit.
enjoy fam.

kanyes graduation:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/mixtape/id.206/title.kanye-west-graduation-album-sampler

fifftys curtis:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/mixtape/id.205/title.50-cent-curtis-album-sampler

they both nice with great production.i slightly prefer the production on kanyes album.beatwise but he gets bit annyoing on the mic so is fiffty.beats are fire tho.

i think kanye will outsell fiffty he is more fancy,trendy,fresh he appeals more to the girls and the kids and those are the ones that buy the most cds.the ones that like fifftys album will not buy it they will download (steal it) it cause they so gangsta :lol:

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
thanks for the links. I prefer Kanye's album but will get both. 50's one is wack, rap wise but heck I will get it for the production anyhow. Kanye's got better overall better content.

ps. one of 50's line on the last track on the sampler, "cuz my lawyers is strong/ and my money isss long/ so when am RIGHT am RIGHT/ and when am WRONG am RIGHT/ I hit your ass up right"

lol right.......

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I am not to impressed with either album, I like a couple songs from each artist...but in all honesty the hype was better then the actual music from what i hear in this sampler.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i can't listen on this connection right now, but that nottz track on kanye's album is pretty good, can't say too much about 50 at this point, just hoping he can back up alot of the things he's saying.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
thanks for the links, interesting to hear them both.
Both are pro, whether you like it or not, you gotta admit that is the big leagues right there, anything that gets people out of their houses or talking about music is good for all producers out there.
Regarding the music, IMO Kanye's seems more like an album, it's an artistic statement, 50 sums it up with that one song about laughing all the way to the bank, it's definitely more calculated to be mainstream friendly...

T

TheMost

Beat i go with Kanye as well but seriously the guy relay gets on my nerves as a rapper. 50 is repetetive as hell. Hard to say who will outsell who, like someone said about Jigga buying p full of Kanyes record im sure ivone or someone at interscope will do the same.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Beat i go with Kanye as well but seriously the guy relay gets on my nerves as a rapper. 50 is repetetive as hell. Hard to say who will outsell who, like someone said about Jigga buying p full of Kanyes record im sure ivone or someone at interscope will do the same.
fo sho. 50 can definitely "invest" in the sales numbers of his album with his financial situation.

bronto

ill o.g.
I agree with who ever posted comments about 50 doing it for money. I think people nowadays are smart - hip hop is "graduating" to a higher level now....you can't rap about making money off of record sales and expect us to buy that up to go home and listen to how you laughing all the way to the bank cause of what we just did. Hip hop is hungry right now man - content is preferred. When was the last time 50 wrote any line worth repeating ("I run New York" doesn't count) ....props to Kanye for enhancing his delivery and lyrics on this one....I'm gonna have to side with Mr. West.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i listened to kanye's album today... it's pretty good in my opinion... not nearly as good as late registration or college dropout though...production wise or lyric wise...flashing lights and good life are dope

i haven't listened to 50's yet though...

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
Both albums are great.

50 shines when he's not on some commercial bullshit. "Ayo Technogy" is an exception. All his gangsta shit is top notch. But too much filler n' he aint sayin' nothin' heavy. Even Jeezy drops a quotable. 50 is slackin' lyrically. But its better than Massacre, which is a good sign.

Kanye killed it tho. This is album makes Late Registration look wack. I got no complaints with this album other than Lil Waynes wack verse, and the "Home" remake aint hit me like the original. Otha than that its solid.

I found it kinda wierd that Akon used the same snare i used on a 50 Cent "Straight to the Bank" remix i did acouple months ago, on "I'll Still Kill". :mask: lol what a coincidence.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
kanyes album is quite nice in my opinion. flashing lights, champion, good morning, barry bonds, good life are all dope

i didnt like it first off but ive been listening more and its kinda ill. its about on par with late registration tho. not as good as college dropout tho still!

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Clean versions of both albums have now been leaked...

All I'm saying is that Fifty takes this with the two Jake One beats on there. The song with Mary J is fucking hot!

Kanye has his moments too, but he lacks energy IMO. And why the fuck another wack Chris Martin song, for real! Wack as hell...

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
is it just me or is the album growng on people? damn i think i love every track apart from like 2. even the mos def one is kinda catchy and i tohught it sounded like an even wacker eminem song when i first heard it. champion is dope, that steely dan sample is dope. and flashing lights is just crazy. best song of the album in my opinion

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
is it just me or is the album growng on people? damn i think i love every track apart from like 2. even the mos def one is kinda catchy and i tohught it sounded like an even wacker eminem song when i first heard it. champion is dope, that steely dan sample is dope. and flashing lights is just crazy. best song of the album in my opinion

Yeah, Graduation definitely grew on me.

The bad tracks are really bad. Big Brother is embarrassing like the family dinner in "The Celebration" is embarrassing, especially since the album ends this way. "You can be my black Kate Moss tonight" is probably the cheesiest line ever. I thought he was a marginally better rapper than he is on this. Verbally he is just annoying with his whole "top five" thing. Give me a break. More like top 5,000.

I like the Timbaland synths & fun hooks a lot. It's nothing new or groundbreaking but it's still a fun album. Definitely deserves extra points for trying to push newer material to Top 40 music.

edit* YES, the synth arrangement on flashing lights is pretty nice

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
im still amazed how kanye can keep all 3 albums of his completley different yet amazing , i think thats the sign of a true genius

members online