production deal

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
what is the best way obtaining one without working with local artists because they suck and are not dedicated. or just getting the attention of a label or a artist already signed. god your response is wanted!!!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Originally posted by B.Hawk
what is the best way obtaining one without working with local artists because they suck and are not dedicated. or just getting the attention of a label or a artist already signed. god your response is wanted!!!

i feel u on dat, where local artists suck n aint dedicated

M

MIKELABZ

this is the feild of dreams syndrome... if you make hott beats they will come.... not true... ur gonna have to get your ass in gear and netwerk... make business cards, sell your albums out of ur trunk... ferst to even get serious MCs u have to get known on ur own account so then instead of you looking for them , theyre looking for you...

L-Rock

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Lrock there ya go, I been preachin that on here for the longest....hahaha....I mean you gotta get out from behind your computer and work with people I will not take advice from some cat that just sits at home behind their computer and has not worked with mc's or even been involved with an open mic or real artist or any real aspect of production.....that's not arrogant but that's being real thats the in the trenches part of trying to make it unless your just a hobbyist that just makes beat....not to bust any bubbles but there some weekend producers that do not work with artists, have not and do not have a clue that give out all of the hypothetical advice on what you need to do and also get signed.....push ya shidd.....Philly is a lot like this area (DC Metro and have worked with cats that go there for tracks a lot) there's a huge underground of artists and they fight for scraps you gotta get out and do your thing and flood the streets with your music.....bottom line....Oh yeah Hawk try to holla Ruin from http://www.blaqpsyircle.com/
or ruin21@aol.com, they can help you plus they're also based out of Richmond and moving Lots of units and they might be able to help you with some artists.....

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
go to talent shows, an artist performing at a talent show or open mic session or anywhere really, is at least gonna be more serious and dedicated than some guy u know at college for instance saying he can rap. if all ur local artists suck, then go outta ur local area. i used to feel intimidated approachin some mc with his crew of 30!

and i always assumed that "oh well, he's defo to have a producer hes working with already" and id just walk home. until some guy one day just said to me "i see u here all the time, u one of those sneeky A&R's or sumin?" that was all i needed. im now working with him and a few others that are really dedicated. so going to shows aint enough its approaching people, cos u wont always get someone coming up to YOU.

members online

No members online now.